Chapter 1.3: I serve a tyranical ruler!

Tyrant King-  the final arc-  bad end route...

Flames reached high into the sky as though they were towers- no maybe people, standing over the land condemning it, expressions of sneers flickers within the tips of their dancing points. The sky was flared in a bright and smouldering orange, blocking out the sun, leaving the land solely lit up by the flames that whisper violently through the heavy smoke. The air was arid and dry, breathing felt as though it would ignite your very lungs. It was upon the smouldering embers and wreckage of a fallen kingdom that Astaria now lay, burns stretching across her skin which now felt as though it was melting, her insides being cooked in the oven that once was her home. Her golden hair was slowly burning up, becoming one with the ashes of the country as she looked over to her left upon the approaching of footsteps beside her.

Next to her stood the Tyrant king, an empty look in his eyes of deep crimson as he stared upon the girls dying body, only he left standing in the land of ashes and fire. His face was splashed with that of dried blood, blood from the soldiers and perhaps innocents of the country, Astaria's eyes widening to this as she turned her face to look at the king properly.
"A-Ah- Hah-" she tried to get the words out, however the fire had already dried out her throat so much that nothing but the rasped would be's of words came out.
"You'll be better off not wasting your energy more... There's no point in fighting your fate, you should let it consume you..." the king told Astaria, who frantically tried to get the words out, somehow tears still finding their way out of her eyes as she writhed in frustration. The king looked up to the sky above, watching the flickers of orange skirt around the sky as though confetti to celebrate the fall of an empire. "I did it you know..." the king mentioned, raising up his blood stained hands a hollow look in his eye. "I killed that man finally... just like I always said I would. I cut off his head in front of the entire imperial palace... and with him I took all the people who lived there too" the king went on as a flame flickered upon his hand, a look of shock growing in Astaria's face... before it turned to that of pain as she tried to move her body, closer over to him. "Yet... it's funny... it wasn't enough. None of it was. It didn't give me any satisfaction at all... so I decided I would keep on burning..."

It was then that a hand grabbed hold of the kings foot as he looked down, to see the sobbing Astaria at his feet, still trying to talk to him... The king looked at Astaria, not a change of expression on his face.
"You know... I always hated this country... I didn't feel a thing for this place in which I was born trapped in, nor for it's people..." The king continued as his eyes narrowed as they looked back up, a twinge of something lying deep within them. "How come is it though, at it's downfall, I feel the emptiness in my chest growing ever bigger... it's as though I was never destined to be free..."

Astaria gripped onto the king tighter, rolling into her back, angered by her own inability, when it was then that the king knelt down before her, placing his hands over her eyes.
"You are enduring so much, clinging on for a hope that isn't there... I can say that out of everyone, you were the one I didn't want caught in the cross fires of this mess... however you make a habit of getting involved with things you shouldn't... However..." Astaria flinched somewhat as she heard a blade unsheathe... the king brought out a dagger. "At the very least I can free you from your suffering now..." he told her as Astaria tensed up her body... why...? Why has things become like this...? "Do not resent me however... You will not be leaving this world alone. I will shortly be following you... There is nothing that ties me to this world anymore... I won't indulge in life when I took it from so many..." The king told her as Astaria's gripped hand slowly took hold of his own and lowered it away from her eyes, a pained expression on her face. Could she get through to him at all? Was there nothing at all she could do to stop this? The king stared into her face, his mouth hanging open for a moment... before it shut... he raised up the dagger. "I see, you wish to confront death with courage huh? I have to say out of the two of us, I was being cowardly. I didn't want to see that determined light leave your eyes..." he told her, raising the dagger some more as Astaria winced to this. "But I too will confront this end with some courage... So rest easy..."