House of feelings

I followed behind Karis and Kyle thinking about running away. They are ahead of me so it would be easy to just leave swiftly without them noticing.
"Don't think about it nick" Kyle said looking back at me then quickly turning away. "How did you....what?" I said under my breath. How did he know, this kids kinda creepy if you ask me.
After about an hour of walking we made it to Kyle's house. I'm not going to lie it was a pretty nice house, 2 story's, nice yard, good paint job and it over all just looked perfect. We slowly walked in and Kyle's parents were sitting on the couch in the other room watching TV. Kyle motioned us to follow him quietly up the stares and me and Karis did as we were told. I tried to make as little noise as I could, I'm not very good at sneaking out if you haven't noticed.
We got up the stares and walked down a hallway filled with picture frames full of baby pictures of Kyle and his 2 sisters. Kyle's room was at the very end of the hall, at least we won't have to be super quiet. He opened the door and me and Karis quickly got in. "What's up with this whole sneaking in thing?" Karis said as she pulled her shoes off and threw them aside. "My parents don't like people being over this late, especially on a school night." He said as he scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Oh well, you don't need to worry all that much Kyle. We will make sure we don't get caught." I said giving him a reassuring smile. Kyle's parents were uptight hover parents, always in his business. I kinda feel bad for the kid having to grow up in a perfectionist home. "Anyways, nick we are here to talk about you and your stupid decisions" Karis said shooting me a glare. I've never seen this side of Karis, I've only seen the annoying part of her. "Well I already said sorry about 100 times, what else would you like me to say?" I said laying back and looking at the ceiling. "I want you to explain what has been up with you that made you go all crazy suicidal." Karis said as she laid back next to me. "Nothing, it's really nothing. I just have problems at school and that's all" I said as Kyle smoothly slipped in between me and Karis and laid down next to me. "Just drop it Karis, he's home safe with us and we are here to help" he said as he looked over at Karis and attempted to slyly glare at her. "Well I'm still confused" I swear there is no getting to this girl. "So Kyle am I staying? Because if it's not safe I can sleep in like a yard or something" I said trying to sound convincing. "Nick you both can stay, trust me I have a huge closet" he said as he smiled politely.