Wavering

The first two days that they were together, was like they were pointing knives at each other's throat. As if a certain mistake, will make one snap and devour the other. Like a lion's den, Takemichi's life took a whole leap of thriller with all the horror movies that he had watch.

His tense shoulder as they ate together and the shrill silent tension in between them.

Even the smallest sound had become apparent, like the sounds of the chirping crickets and the droplets of water that slowly falls to the sink as each seconds passes.

Moments of silence in between. Then Mikey dropped his chopsticks at the table, making Takemichi almost jump in surprise.

"You know... Its not like I will eat you, you know? So will cut that kind of act around me?" Mikey told in a snobbish tone, as if telling something that is completely obvious.

Takemichi sighs to himself as he slowly met Mikey's eyes, "I. Have. No. Idea. Of. What. You. Are. Talking. About."

He spoke so slow and carefully and almost jittery and he then cast his eyes away from Mikey, who then loudly sighed dropping his chopstick to the wooden coffee table making the table crack, in a loud "SNAP!"

"AAAAAHHHH!! MY COFFEE TABLE THAT I BOUGHT WITH MY FIRST SALARY!" Takemichi's cries out loudly caressing his broken coffee table.

Mikey simply glances away with irritation as Takemichi glare at him. Making him say, "That's just a coffee table... No need to make a fuss about it."

"Oh Mister what do you know? This is my precious coffee table that I had been with for years... Then you broke it." Takemichi weeps loudly, making Mikey more irked.

"Like what I say! Its just a coffee table don't get all loud and snobbish for that shit!" He scolds as Takemichi counter back at him.

Eyes filled with a powerful glare and he scolded Mikey, "That's the problem with you! You take everything so lightly to the point you don't care when everything around you is already affected with all your shit!"

It makes Mikey silent and Takemichi then regrets his choice of words... Making him let out low, "Sorry... I was brash then... You're right maybe its just a coffee table."

Mikey then meets Takemichi's eyes. If there was something he had noticed for that past two days, was that Takemichi almost apologizes for everything. Even when he was not in the wrong or even when he was the one being hurt.

No matter what insult people throw at him. He'll rest his hand at the back of his head and give a faked smile saying, "I'm sorry."

Mikey knew Takemichi was correct... Even before Mikey would always just look at the things presented in front of him, not looking at his surroundings and see how much catastrophe he had created.

He was so clinged onto his dreams and beliefs to the point Draken and him had a fallout... Not noticing how his friends even think of his decisions, nor see how much pained the people around him is.

But Takemichi seemed different to him... Even if the things in that small apartment majority does look like a bunch of junk.

Old dirty notebooks... Worn out shirts... Old lamps and CDs... Even the good old wooden coffee table.

Takemichi loves taking care of the things important to him. He preserves each important moment with the things he always keep safely.

And Mikey on the other hand... Is...

"Mikey-kun?" Takemichi asks him slowly patting his shoulders as Mikey sigh.

"I'm sorry... I'll buy you a new one."

"Its fine really... Its just a good old coffee table."

"Still it was important to you... Best thing I can do is a give you a new one to cherish."

Silence looms between the two of them once more and it was no longer stiffling but rather there was an understanding in between them, and the atmosphere between the two had grown lighter.

Cerulean meeting obsidian and the wind seems colder and refreshing, the light from the LED light bulbs seems to grow brighter and the room seems to be in a better condition.

Rather than a lion's den, what a better word for where they were on that moment was... A home.

Takemichi was about to say something to Mikey as some loud knocking disturbs the two of them, which Takemichi immediately attends to.

Mikey silently follows suit as he lean on one of the thin walls in that apartment, and he could hear the landlord scolding Takemichi even when there was literally someone above them watching a television show in a very high volume.

He could hear the tremble in Takemichi's voice and the sad and distant tone. He let out an irked sound before slamming one of the walls, making sure to control his strength he didn't want to destroy one more belongings of Takemichi after all.

"Hey... Old Lady aren't you being too much?" He coldly asks as he slowly walk towards where Takemichi and the lady was, hands in pocket and eyes with a steel cold glare.

The land lady gulps in fear as she let out an irked sound and immediately excused herself, "Just be silent next time."

"Wow... Did she really just run away?! That's so cool Mikey! Ahahahahha." Takemichi lets out happily in relief and the coldness in his voice no more.

Bright and sparkly blue eyes and a warm laughter, Mikey couldn't help but smile himself as he carefully pat Takemichi's messy hair.

The said boy says no word in return, rather he relished at the warmth of Mikey's calloused hands, and then he whispered, "When we buy that coffee table... Can I choose one with you?"

"I can just give you the payment for it though... Don't you think it will be less fun if I came along?" Mikey answers with an aloof tone, as Takemichi shakes his head in refusal.

"I think it will be better to buy one together than to buy it alone... You see, I hate being alone... So Mikey... Uhmmm... If its okay with you, you can stay here with me for as long as you want!" Takemichi flashes Mikey with a teary eye that makes Mikey have no choice but to concede.

"Sure... I'll tag along." Mikey answers softly but Takemichi was too happy to even notice it.

And Mikey quietly thought to himself...

Just before you asked me to stay with you... I saw a flash of sadness at your eyes... I wonder what makes you this sad... This pained... For you to be this fragile and afraid... As if you'll break at the moment that you are alone...

"Mikey... Let's go inside of our home... The wind is getting chiller." Takemichi rubbed his hands at his trembling shoulders as Mikey nod to him.

Mikey then sighs as he close his eyes and pinch the gap of his eyebrows, and he squinted as if in pain...

He could feel his heart start to waver... To care once more... And that was a bad sign.