Breaking Point

If I trusted you a bit more during that time.

Could things be different after all?

----

Days past as they try to keep everything from falling apart. Trying to keep the pieces they places in place. Hoping for their castles of sands never be washed off by the ocean waves.

Mikey was the desperate one, he held Takemichi's hands more often, hugged in a prolonged time. As if he was lacking the air to breathe. As if he was about to lose all the time that they had.

Like the sands of an hourglass, they were about to hit a rock bottom they both tried hardest not to meet.

Prolonged hugs, unsaid words, hidden feelings and the questions within their hearts.

Doubt. Guilt. Sorrow. Pain. Happiness. Into a mess that they could never fathom.

Like the entangled strings of a ball of yarn, as if their lives was on the hands of someone. The ticking sound of the clock's hands. Everything meets an end.

They will soon reach a point where they could never return to how they are.

The things they both hide will surely reveal itself, for things will go beyond their control.

Everything felt like a mess... Mikey could no longer go back to how he used to be.

He inches closer to Takemichi who was laying down by his side.

A lazy Saturday afternoon between the two of them.

Sunlight splayed at their skins.

The warmth of their fingertips.

A scent of home and longing.

A fleeting warmth. Intoxicating kindness.

Broken souls trying to mend one another.

Cerulean meeting obsidian. But was naught, for they were both lost.

Mikey in particular however, no longer minded the strange tension they both try to burry within their frail hearts.

He only wished to be with the person that he loves.

Only wishes to be bask in the sunlight of their strange love.

Just like how we meet Spring at the end of Winter... Just like how the leaves that have wilt will become fresh buds once more.

Mikey... Sano Manjirou... He wanted to be with this warmth even if it is just a lie. A facade they desperately try to cling on.

For he also was once a simple boy. Who had dreams, who had the wings to fly to the horizon. To the lines that divides the sky and the sea.

He once stood at the top. In a place, where he had everything at the hold of his hands.

Kind friends who supported his dreams... A loving brother... Warm and cute sister... A best friend who gave him a heart.

That everything that took seconds to break.

For his smile to vanish. For all the warmth his heart once felt to wilt.

For all the love in his heart to fall.

For his wings that once soar the skies meet the hellish abyss.

For his heart to die. It took such small time.

Maybe that is why... Why he felt nothing when he first killed someone. Killed for someone. Kill someone out of hate. Kill the people that he love. Kill the people that never mattered to him. Kill the people who mattered to Takemichi.