chapter 15 - draco's p.o.v

Draco sat down in one of the compartments in the Hogwarts Express with his friends, Theodore Nott and Blaise Zambini.

'So, what you're saying is that you're not a Malfoy and your mum is a muggle?' Theodore asked, surprised.

'That sums it up alright,' Draco said.

'And how's she like?' Blaise asked.

'She's amazing,' Draco admitted. 'She's so nice and kind. And she has this amazing job, it's called being a forensic engineer. She analyses evidence at crime scenes. She's kind of an Auror,' he added.

'Is she beautiful?' Theodore asked.

'Inside and outside,' Draco replied. 'She's like a sun shining over all of us.'

'What did you say her name was again?' Theo asked.

'Evangeline,' Draco said, raising an eyebrow.

'Wait, man, did you say Evangeline? Evangeline Rose, Evangeline?' Theo asked.

'Evangeline Black née Rose, but yes,' Draco answered.

'She's my godmother,' Theodore said. 'I remember her from when I was young and my father would take me to visit her in New York,' Theodore recalled.

'Really?' Draco asked, and Theodore nodded. 'How was she, back then I mean.'

'She was pretty sad. I don't remember much about her since the last time I saw her I must have been four or five. She was always wearing black, which I found funny considering her surname. But she was also sad a lot of the time. My father told me about how she lost her true loves, just like we lost my mother,' Theodore tried his best to explain.

Draco's expression was saddened when he heard what Theodore said. He felt like a dementor had sucked his soul out of him.

'But look at you man, new name, new style. Suits you all like a glove,' Blaise commented.

'Yes, well, I'm still getting used to referring to myself as Draco Sirius Black instead of Draco Lucius Malfoy. Also, I can finally be myself, less posh and more relaxed.'

'Good for you, man,' Theo encouraged him. 'I'm glad you're feeling yourself,' he added, smiling.

'What are you going to do with Parkinson and the others?' Blaise asked.

'Well, they'll find out during class anyway,' Draco said nonchalantly. 'I don't even bother anymore at this point. If they want to still be my friends after all of this, then they're more than welcome, but if not, I don't care.'

'I like the new Draco,' Theodore pointed out.