13 | everybody wants a piece

s u m m e r l y n
b l a n e y

"That little piece of shit." I said climbing out of my car, throwing my gloves and helmet into my car. I pushed past everyone, making a straight line to my only destination.

"I had a feeling you we're heading my direction." Brexton smirks. "And how may I help you Blaney?"

"You think this is some kind of sick joke, don't you Brexton? How many fucking times are you going to take something personal out on me on the track?" I yelled pushing him back. A crew member of Brexton tries to push me back, but I dodged it. "Keep your fucking hands off me." I snapped at the crew member. "I'm fucking sick of this Brexton!"

"Life ain't fair Blaney, deal with it. It's racing."

"EXACTLY! ITS FUCKING RACING BUT YOU MAKE EVERYTHING PERSONAL! AND IT ALMOST ALWAYS GETS TAKEN OUT ON ME!" I yelled pushing my way closer to him. "Grow the fuck up and move on already! I'll be fucking putting you in the garage for the rest of the season, if you're not careful!"

"Wow, I'm so scared." Brexton laughed. "We all know you only got here because of your father. You wouldn't even have had an Xfinity ride if it wasn't for him."

"I fucking earned my spot to be here, and I'm not going to let you, a guy who still uses his daddy's money, tell me I don't deserve to be here!"

"Summer, come on-" I hear Theo's voice in my ear.

"Took Prince Charming long enough to get here. You really need to put a leash on this one Theo, but then again she barks more than she bites-"

I snapped. All I saw was red, I punched Brexton right in the jaw, also hitting his nose. Chaos broke loose around us as our teams went to battle with one another. Security and track officials swarmed in trying to break everything apart. I barely get pulled out before almost getting crushed underneath a bunch of crew members.

"GET USED TO BEING IN THE GARAGE ASSHOLE!" I yelled out before being escorted off of pit road. "I can't do this anymore with him!" I shouted, wiping blood dripping out from my nose. The crew gets rounded up in the garage, packing up the hauler to leave.

"I know what your gonna say-"

"I actually was going to say that I'm glad you knocked him." Jimmie said. "I'm actually pretty tired of the 18 taking us out too. He should be old enough to leave his personal feelings out of racing."

"I just don't get it-"

"IF YOUR SON CRASHES MY DAUGHTER ONE MORE TIME KYLE- I SWEAR TO GOD- GO TO HELL!"

I looked up and see my dad yelling at Kyle as he walked towards us.

"Dad, you don't have to do that. I can handle it myself." I crossed my arms, leaning against the hauler.

"I know darling, but that kid has crashed you one too many times, I'm fucking sick of it. And going to the higher ups isn't going to do anything because Kyle has them wrapped around his finger." Dad rants, pacing around as Theo walked up.

"Are you okay?" Theo asks, eyebrows furrowed with worry, brushing my wild, post-fight hair out of my face.

"I'm fine, just frustrated."

"As you should be." I hear Brexton's voice say, passing by.

"Go to hell." I replied back. "Because payback is certainly a bitch." I whispered softly enough.

"Don't make it look intentional-"

"Oh, trust me, I'm not. I am getting my payback when it matters most, we're still in the regular season and he's locked into the playoffs. What I do in these next few weeks won't hurt him at all." I explained pushing myself off the hauler. "Now is my nose done bleeding?" I asked titling my head upwards.

"You're all good babe." Theo chuckled. "You can take a punch, impressive." He smiles swinging his arm across my shoulder.

"And land a punch, don't forget."

"I'll keep that in mind next time I try to make you mad."

| o n e    w e e k   l a t e r |

Life felt normal again, it was a reliving feeling. I moved back in with Theo, selling my house that I had boughten months ago after our divorce. Theo and I saw a relationship counselor once a week, had planned dates, had times of intervention, everything we implemented was to build up the lost love, trust, and confidence that we once had in each other. We were stronger than ever, we were simply happy.

"Ready to leave-" Theo asked walking in stopping, in his track. He eyes me head to toe completely in a trans. "You look beautiful love." He smiled walking up, his tall stature towering over me, his hand wrapping itself around my waist.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I smiled looking up into his eyes.

"I can't tell you how happy I am to have you back in my arms again."