7 | you're my clarity

s u m m e r l y n
b l a n e y

It was Sunday morning, I was packing up the last of my things and was moving into a place of my own. The divorce papers successfully went through and it was official. As I was about to take the last box down, I stopped placing my wedding ring on top of the dresser. It was only right that I gave it back to Theo.

| f l a s h b a c k s |

"Hey Summerlyn." Theo Murphy waved as we passed by him. "Nice practice."

"Thanks Theo." I shyly smiled.

"The hottest Cup driver just talked to you." Stella gently pushed me. "He's got a thing for you!" She exclaimed continuing to push me around as we walked into the motor home lot.

"Stop." I rolled my eyes. "He's in Cup and I'm in Xfinity. He'd never go for me."

"Do you trust me with you?" Theo gently stopped my hand.

"Yes, I do."

"Good, because if I ever hurt you? I'd never forgive myself and I mean it. I don't know where you've been all my life Blaney and it's only been three weeks." Theo smiled making me chuckled. Throughout this entire time, I didn't notice how close our faces and bodies have gotten to each other. The gap between us closed as Theo and I eliminated that space once our lips touched.

"Because I swear, Theo Murphy if you break my heart, I don't know if I could love somebody the same as I love you-"

"What? Y-you, love me?" Theo asked stepping towards me.

"Yes, and I'm petrified. So, I need to know that you if your planning on breaking my heart-" I started to go on a rant, but Theo's lips on mine cut me off. Theo pulls back after a few moments, staring deep into my soul.

"And I love you."

"Stay the hell away from me Brexton!" I screamed at him. I ran after Theo who was heading towards my place. I catch the door before it closed, calling Theo's name. "Theo, please let me explain-"

"WHAT?" Theo angrily questioned. "YOU HAD SO MANY CHANCES TO TELL ME! I WAS SO HONEST ABOUT EVERYTHING! AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN TELL ME YOU DATED THAT ASSHOLE!"

"Theo, please, listen to me-"

"NO, I DON'T HAVE TO AND FRANKLY I DON'T WANT TO!" Theo shouted back, making me flinch. Theo's eyes soften a smidge realizing how frightened I was, but his eyes were still dark. "Summer, I don't know if I can trust you after this." He raised his voice as he threw all his things into his suitcase. He scoots past me with his suitcase.

"So that's it? You're just gonna leave me?" I sobbed uncontrollably.

"Summer-" He stops himself. "I-I can't do this anymore-"

"If you walk out, that's it. Don't come back-" I choked out. Theo took one last, long look at me then left, slamming the door behind him.

"I don't know what there is to talk about Theo, but sure." I shifted uncomfortably.

"Summer, this past month and a half have been hell for me, I could guess for you too." Theo takes a step closer. "I replay that night in my head every day at least a hundred times. I wish I could take everything I did and said back. I am sorry Summer. My emotions were still at a high, I was struggling. I felt useless and out of place at the track. And when you said you use to date Brexton, all the emotions I bottled up came out. And I'm sorry you were at the receiving end of that. I regret everything Summer."