Chapter 4: I'm here for you, brother.

Scarlett's POV

After that day with er... Miss Olivia.

My maid Elise's niece and who was apparently scared of me, brother ordered me to not go anywhere near her for the meantime until he explains it to her that I wanted to be friends in a genuine away and that this is not some sort of any game nor manipulation for me to torture her.

Which is understandable but hearing that from my own brother hurt me.

It's already been a week I haven't hurt or tortured anyone or even slapped them.

I should be proud of that.

"Milady, are you alright?" (Elise) asks who takes a plate of sweets in front of me and I smile a little for the consideration of this woman. I quite like her for always bringing me things like this. "You've been staring into the ceiling for a while now." she continues and I sigh giving a once over look at the tasty treats in front of me.

"Elise tell me." I reach for the cookie holding it in my hand attempting to take a bite but I stop the treat merely inches away from my mouth taking a glance at my trusted servant. "Am I doing a good job on changing to be a better person?"

Elise tilts her head a little before giving a little smile. "It's only been a week since your words to change. I've seen some progress of your temper not being so bad as before so I believe you are doing good, milady."

"Is it enough to be friends with your niece?" I took a bite of the cookie and savored the flavor of chocolate melting into my mouth.

"Forgive me, milady but I cannot find the right answer to tell you." she dismissed herself and I was left with my thoughts to run. I should find a way to befriend someone of my age right? I should wait for my brother but...

What if it's not enough?

I should send gifts, lavishing things and expensive sweets.

That should be able to befriend her, wouldn't it?

"Ugh..." I held my head for another headache coming. What's wrong? Is it not the right way to make friends? Oh no... I feel like my old and new personalities are being fused again. "Not again..."

I waited for the headache to subside and I calmed myself down by tapping my finger into the desk and clicking my tongue into some sort of rhythm. "Has making friends always been this hard?" I slump into the chair in dejection.

Having a villainess face and mannerisms doesn't help because it leeks that scary aura unto others and that makes me really hard to approach... Where can I find an answer to this problem of mine?

There's no internet for me to search for an easy answer...

"But there should be our library. That slipped out of my mind, there should be a few books on how to counter my problem." I push my chair behind me grabbing a handful of sweets before swiftly walking into our several halls. The mansion that my family owns is certainly huge... my feet are just walking to whatever direction feels right. "It should be around here."