Chapter 7: Tea Party to Dominate (3)

Scarlett's POV

The carriage stopped to a halt when we arrived at Lady Rebecca's home.

It was grand, with a fountain in the middle, their mansion being settled at the front and I could already see many carriages parked by the side. There seems to be a few attendees... but not a lot.

There were only three.

I have a bad feeling about this.

While this might be my chance to give a first impression to those who have already invited me to their tea parties.

I was expecting a lot more people than three.

The carriage came to a halt, "We're here milady." (Elise) comes down from the front and opens the door for me.

"Thank you," I thanked her briefly as I held the hem of my dress coming down from our ride.

"This seems like a lovely home, don't you think Elise?" I asked my maid who just nodded at my question looking around the area before whispering in my ear.

"Please do remember that she's going through a rough patch right now. In all circumstances do not bring up her parent's divorcing." she warned me of such.

The warning will be of no use- it's obviously common decency!

"Elise- was I such a horrible person to even bring up a sensitive topic that's clearly none of my business?" I jokingly asked.

"..." (Elise) stops to bite her lip looking away in another direction and I looked at her weirdly.

Oh...

Perhaps the old me did.

I gave a stiff smile and just decided that I'll be my new self today. No asking questions that are irrelevant and would be considered rude in the gathering.

Let the dominating begin.

.-.-.-.-.-.

Several servants greeted us, and led where the party was supposed to be. The setting was on a wide balcony with a medium sized table enough to fit five people.

I could already see them all sitting in place.

The finest set of china was used, several maids poured their hot tea into the cup flowing until it was on the very brim.

Lady Rebecca Clifford, the host of the party, noticed my entrance. "L-Lady Scarlett, delighted to join us. Come have a seat- we weren't expecting you to um... actually come."

With her blonde hair, emerald hue and polite smile welcomed me into the table beckoning for me to join them. "You sent me an invitation so how could I not attend?"

I walked around her getting to an empty seat, I pulled the chair and sat on my own without needing Elise to do it for me. The servants would gather to one side to stand and watch over their masters... however for me...