Chapter 8: Risks have their own setbacks.

Scarlett's POV

Elise holds me by my side now that the sun has set into Lady Rebecca Clifford's party. "Milady... What was that back there? It was like you were back to your usual self but-"

"I don't know either..." I was utterly grateful that the day seemed to have gone by in a flash or else...

I recalled the memory of the party where a few hours ago the girl that seemed to have taken a liking to my gift to the point of obsession kept close by my side and began giving me offers of being her fling.

Then it all just... went into hell.

.-.-.-.-.-.

"How about it?" she asks in a whisper, pulling me closely while the others just minded their own business. I looked at her calmly, still not getting her reason for such. "I'm not looking for something like that, Lady Clarisse. I would rather be single the day that I die."

She pouts at my answer and tries to tempt me more using her seducing lips, "Doesn't forbidden love excite you? The scandal between two daughters of Counts being together sounds like something worth writing about... to the public." (Lady Clarisse) holds onto my arm tighter, pressing her chest against me again.

My other hands were shaking while holding my tea. "I seem to have missed the part where that will only bring me trouble and problems."

Everyone's gaze seemed to have widened their eyes at my words. I turn to look at them, setting the drink in my hand back to the saucer. "So I reject your offer on creating scandals. I don't even understand why you're inappropriately using your body to your advantage right now."

I could hear Lady Felicity's laugh cackle while holding the chocolate sweets in her hands. I swear for a girl that eats a lot she sure is pale! "What a surprise... The ever problematic girl who knows every gossip right now has never heard of Lady Clarisse's reputation?" she smiles cockily in my direction and I raised my eyebrow at her, disliking her character.

The girl of their topic, who was beside me seemed to have agreed with Lady Felicity.

"Truly she's changed! Or who knows if she's just playing around to gain my favor? I believe the whole noble circle would've already known." (Lady Clarisse) bursts out laughing while the others smile in pity.

"U-Um... even for me that's surprisingly Lady Scarlett... even I have heard of it." the small figure of Lady Verosica speaks out while holding her soft plushie of the gift I gave her.

How much was a gossip magnet the old Scarlett was?! 

Lady Rebecca sighs pulling the book I gave her and looked at me with pity and offered the explain, "Lady Scarlett you see- she's open to having women to women relationships and that's-"

My brows furrowed at their words together after her next words. "Peculiar even for us. It's very... disgusting-" (Lady Rebecca) says looking uncomfortable with the idea but stops after realizing everyone was watching her finish the sentence. "Ah... apologies."