Brave!

Today is my first scheduled interview at a newly built company. I got information from a senior who lives in big city. This is my first job after graduation. During the interview, I meet 2 leaders, the first is Mr. Satya, and the second is Mr. Eko. Mr. Satya is the main leader of this new company, while Mr. Eko is in the assembly of machine hardware.

"This is Mrs. Mina from Lampung?," ask Mr. Eko.

"Yes sir, I'm mina," I answer trying not to be nervous.

"Miss, a physics graduate in the field of instruments?,".

"That's right, sir, I graduated in 2015 in November, 3 months late,".

"Hahaha, you are very honest, then Mrs. Mina from the title of your thesis, did you make the tool yourself?," ask Mr. Satya.

"No sir, I was assisted by my friend from electrical engineering and my senior in physics. My main task in this thesis is to provide a review related to the title, theme, and how to brainstorm tools, my friend assisted in making hardware, while for programming, I worked a little but also assisted by my seniors, so my thesis is a team work," I explain.

"Then miss, after studying instrumentation physics for 4 years and 3 months, can you conclude what important things can be taken from that science?," ask again Mr. Eko.

"The important thing that I can conclude after graduating from that department is patience and team work, sir, physics is a broad but applicable science in the natural sciences. Patience in understanding the core in each subject. Then work with the team to solve it. For example, I really like physics in sensor applications. Like my thesis, I was inspired when I was traveling back home to my village, then my motorcycle tire burst, and at that moment it happened next to a rice field where watermelons were planted. When this happened, somehow, I talked with a watermelon farmer who was harvesting. When the farmer finished providing information regarding the location of the tire patch, I asked the farmer how his watermelon harvest was at that time, and he explained that the harvest was not as good as last year in terms of the size of the watermelon. When asked again related, why the harvest is not as good as last year. He gave a few uncertain answers such as the cause of the poor soil, then the uneven distribution of fertilizers. From there, sir, the thought arises, can physics be applied to answer the watermelon farmer's problem? Such as the application of physics in detecting, measuring, and monitoring soil fertility to a maximum depth of 30 cm below the soil related to soil conditions. So, physics is patience and group work for me, not about formulas or calculating numbers," I explain without pause.

"OK, it's a long story, then why does Ms. Mina want to work in this place?," ask Mr. Eko again.

"Because, my senior sir, gave the information, when I arrived in this big city 2 days ago, I haven't found any other place besides this," I answer plainly.

"Wow, Ms. Mina is so honest," comment Mr. Satya.

I'm just silent, because in my mind that's the only answer.

"Well, Ms. Mina, I think that's enough questions from me, how about Mr. Satya?," Mr. Eko.

"I still have a question, can you speak English?," ask Mr. Satya.

"I don't have that ability, sir, but I have a target this year to be able to speak English with a self-taught learning method,".

"Then, what are the abilities that you have?,".

"I can write reports, know some computer programming, and analyze some problems and then find solutions in physical science applications,".

"OK, how about the salary?,".

"My salary is according to the standard, it's okay, sir, then I get dorm facilities, right, sir?,".

"We can give the salary according to the standard, then for the dorm there are no facilities,".

"That's enough for us, later in a maximum of 2 days we will provide information regarding graduating or not working in this company,".

After finishing the interview, I met Ella who was waiting for me outside the room. Ella was my first best friend in Jakarta, for a while I stayed at her boarding house. She works in a service company that provides large-scale water distillation equipment.

"How was the interview?," ask Ella.

"That's right, I don't know whether it's good or not, the important thing is that I answer as best I can, how come the question is in Bahasa," I explain.

We both went back to his room. Today feels relieved, but worried about not being accepted. "What if you don't accept it? Do I register for work to another place now?", the question filled my head all the way home to my dorm room. She didn't ask any more. Maybe she will understand my confusion. Throughout the trip I was silent, thinking about my fate in this city.

In the afternoon I entertain myself by relaxing in Ella's boarding house, by watching one of the Drakor. The plot of this drama is also interesting, in the drama tells of a father who has a vision of revenge against a group of officials who betrayed him. For years he prepared someone to slowly avenge his past disappointment in the present. In the course of carrying out his vision, the person who was sent also experiences an unexpected love story. He fell in love with a woman. Aside from anger, disappointment, and revenge, he finds love, and care for women. The reason for falling in love is very simple, because he saw the nature of the woman, namely the spirit to be better in life. And he had a sense of wanting to protect her secretly, close yet unnoticed. Romantic isn't it. I who watched the drama was entertained by the story. I've been watching this drama for 3 hours non-stop. Even then, I stopped because I was still asking me to eat catfish menu outside.

"Are you satisfied watching the drama?," ask Ella who sat in front of me, separated by a long table in this dining tent.

"It's already Ella, it's quite entertaining my slang," I reply.

"Tomorrow do you want to try to register for another company?,".

"Hmmmm, maybe, I'll try to apply for a job via job street,".

"ok, cheers,".

I just reply with my sweet smile, without any words.

This is my first time for eating catfish menu in this city. I chose onion sauce, 2 dry fried catfish, and cucumber salad. I love the garlic sauce, it's fresh, spicy and delicious. Especially when combined with catfish meat which is crispy and soft inside. Plus, warm white rice and cucumber that is crispy and fresh in the mouth. Very complete today, delicious food, feeling anxious waiting for the announcement, and the price of catfish which is quite expensive for my size who is still unemployed.

" dred, dreeed, dreeed, dreed,".

"Your cellphone, in the bag," explain Ella.

"Yeah, just a minute, I'll wash my hands first,".

I immediately open my bag and take my phone. There is a call from the company. I immediately pick up the phone reflex.

"hello," I greet.

"Good evening Ms. Mina, we are from 10G Tech company,".

"Yes, how is it?," I ask anxiously.

"Congratulations, you are accepted in our company,".

" are you serious?,".

"Yes, we hope tomorrow at 10 am please go to our company to meet the HRD department to discuss your contract,".

"Okay sir, thanks for the information,".

I am stunned silent, not knowing what else to say, I immediately return to the dining tent, and meet Ella.

"Ella, Ella, listen to me, earlier from the 10G Tech company, I am accepted, tomorrow I will be brought to the company to discuss the contract," gaving the news to Ella who is eating.

" are you serious?," she replies surprised.

"Yeah right, oh my God I'm so happy,".

"Thank you Ella, for all the help, I love you so much anyway," excitedly.

I feel relieved. I finally get a job here. at least next month I get a salary to survive here. today is very light, the worry instantly disappeared. Do thank God.