#O9: Jealousy

People would always want what they didn't—or couldn't—have

Jaemin knew this and would unapologetically use it to his benefit as a manipulative means to get whatever or whomever he wanted. He would surely do great in business if he didn't already have his heart set on science.

And since Nami was still making him wait while he was becoming impatient, Jaemin decided it was time for him to pull out his best tactics from the book.

Entering the library that was now no longer a stranger to him, he easily spotted Nami in the literature aisle, like the first time he'd approached her there. Jaemin appreciated the way her eyes lit up when she saw him and he almost felt bad for what he was about to do. Instead of coming up to her, like how he desperately wanted to, he made a deliberate turn right in front of her towards a girl sitting alone at one of the large desks.

Perfectly visible and within hearing range for Nami to witness.

"Hey, Dahee," Jaemin took an unoffered seat and gave the surprised brunette his sweetest smile.

"Jaemin, hi," Dahee blushed. In her mind, she was cheering. It wasn't often that the school's Prince Charming would look back at the girls he left behind; now he was here before her, not looking as cold as the day he dumped her many months ago.

Could it be that she would be the first that Na Jaemin came running back to?

"I was thinking that we haven't had any fun in a while. Would you be up for it if I gave you a call? We can go out and do whatever you want. My treat." Jaemin lightly traced Dahee's bare arm, making his sure his head, his eyes, his posture all spelled out that he was sincerely interested in her.

"I don't know. I mean, you'd have a lot to make up for after what you did to me." Dahee pretended that she was playing hard to get, though her soul was soaring. She had to bite down on her inner cheek to prevent herself from smiling while imagining the up in her social status she'd receive if she were to date Jaemin again.

"Of course, baby. I'll make it up to you so good that you'll forget I even hurt you," Jaemin grinned, then bid her farewell with a promising wink.

As Dahee was busy with fantasizing about the phone call from him that would never come, Jaemin slipped into the literature aisle, happy to see that Nami had seen the whole thing unfolded. He wasn't so happy, however, to see that she didn't seem as upset as he thought she'd be. If anything, she scoffed and smirked as she shook her head.

"Baby," Nami repeated the pet name he's used for Dahee. "What was that? I thought we had unspoken rule that we're only going to fuck with each other. Are you cheating on me already?"

Jaemin laughed, understanding that she was just being sarcastic. He leaned in closer to her, so close that their foreheads were almost touching and he could see the way her brown eyes sparkled.