#12: Fancy

Four weeks passed by without a true word on Jo Nami's disappearance

People noticed and people talked, but no amount of gossip he eavesdropped on could provide Jaemin with the sufficient information to know how she was doing. Aside from the major speculation that she was pregnant and "disappeared to give birth", nobody really knew what had happened to her. Even Donghyuck and the rest of her classmates only knew that she would partake in classes virtually for the time being with no solid reason as to why.

Jaemin didn't like to admit how frantic he really was. He was the last person to see her before she disappeared, before she stopped responding to texts and calls and before she stopped posting anything on social media. The fact that she had collapsed the last time he saw her only did worse to the agony he felt growing in his chest with each passing day that he didn't know how she was.

The most he could do was drive past her house in hopes of an 'accidental' encounter. He didn't want to bombard her with texts or calls, let alone show up knocking on her door. It was one thing that he didn't want to come off as overbearing and creepy, it was another thing that he still had an ego to cater to.

It had been four weeks of jumping at every notification he gets in hopes of receiving at least a signal from Nami to let him know he was alright. Though Jaemin knew he wasn't exactly in a position to be Nami's first priority, he genuinely wanted her to be okay.

Not as Prince Charming. As Na Jaemin.

This time, the notification let him down again as he saw that it wasn't from her. It was a text from his mother asking him out to lunch, which did some wonders in cheering him up a little. He told her that he would pick her up and immediately left his apartment, heading towards the hospital. Once he arrived, his mother didn't answer his call and he was asked to leave the drop-off/pick-up area as it was a No Waiting zone; Jaemin chuckled to himself, this was typical Mama Na behavior. He could guess she got roped into an impromptu meeting as she always did. He decided to find her in her office instead, so he parked his car and went into the hospital where he was greeted like a national celebrity.

On his way to his mother's office, Jaemin was still checking his phone, in hopes of finding a single trace of Nami. As he was looking down, scrolling through her Instagram account, a flash of a familiar pink cardigan passed him by in the empty hallway.

Time slowed down.

Jaemin whipped around and as if his entire body was on autopilot, he ran up to her, reaching for her arm.

"Nami," was the only word he could mutter.

At the mention of her name by a voice she longed to hear, Nami stopped in her steps. She turned the same time Jaemin's fingers wrapped around her small wrist and their eyes met for the first time in a month.

"Jaemin?"

There were many times in the past month where Jaemin had wondered what he would do the next time he saw her. Would a hug be appropriate? Would friendly banter be too much? Should he tackle the elephant in the room and ask her what the hell was going on? He also considered that he could tune into his evil twin and pretend they never spoke, never started the game they couldn't finish.