#1O: Midnight

TW: Hinted panic attack, mentions of a car accident

Nami understood it now.

She finally understood why and how girls could easily fall to Jaemin's feet. She didn't get it at first; she wondered how could one be so stupid to fall for a man's manipulative tricks. Just because of his looks? His words? What about him was so laced with magic that they allowed themselves to be pathetically deceived?

Yet as he hovered above her, dark eyes staring into hers with his warm hands pinning down her own, Nami understood. Those eyes and the way they were looking at her was enough for her to stand in the place of those stupid girls. So easily, so foolishly, she would do anything and everything for him because of those eyes and the way they made her feel.

It was also probably because he was amazing with what he was doing. Jaemin knew what to do with his hands, what to do with the rest of his body, and whenever he smiled down at her, Nami swore she could come undone right then.

"You're so beautiful," Jaemin whispered into her ear before placing a soft kiss against her jawline.

"I know." Nami still found the ability to tease, gasping when he granted her the heaven she desired.

With the right words, the right touch and the right man, Nami was able to bloom like a delicate flower. Jaemin, on the other hand, found utopia in her beauty and followed, guiding them both down their highs as gently as possible.

They lay quietly next to each other in Jaemin's large bed, clothes a scattered mess all over the floor. The silence between them was appreciated, but Nami couldn't help to break it.

"Is it true what they say about you not sleeping with the same person twice?"

"Not in the same night." Jaemin shrugged.

"Interesting," Nami hummed. After deciding she was well enough to get up, she left Jaemin's bed and started dressing herself, seeing that it was almost midnight already.

Jaemin watched her in amusement.

"Leaving so soon?" he playfully asked.

Nami chuckled as she pulled her dress up. "Like I don't know that you would kick me out if I don't do it myself."

"I wouldn't do that to you."

"Really now? What makes me different?"

"I'm trying to win your heart, remember?"

With a laugh, Nami leaned forward only to stop right before Jaemin's lips.

"That makes one of us," she said. "Because I'm not even trying."

Immediately, Jaemin considered breaking his no sloppy seconds rule. All he wanted was to take Nami into his arms again and own her like she was truly his. Jaemin didn't know what it was about her, but she was absolutely intoxicating. Typically he wouldn't be bothered to wonder about the same girl more than once, but with Nami, he just couldn't get enough.

"How are you getting home?" he chose to ask, diverting his thoughts away from pulling Nami back into his bed.

"Taxi, probably," she answered simply while tying her hair up.

"I'm pretty sure you can afford your own car, so why don't you drive? Or do you not have your license yet?"

Jaemin's question took Nami by surprise. Such intense surprise that her hairband snapped from the way her body sharply tensed up. She quickly collected herself by letting her hair fall down her shoulders, hoping that Jaemin couldn't see the change on her face.

He did—he just didn't say anything.

"The second one," Nami lied. Before Jaemin could ask further, she thanked him for a fun night and left his apartment.

His question still lingered in her mind as she waited for her taxi in the lobby of Jaemin's apartment.

Though she was more than privileged to ask for not just a car, but an expensive one, Nami never minded commuting on dates with the typical broke college student who spent all their money on games and she appreciated the occasional date with a rich kid who had a working car (Jaemin included).

But to drive?

Just the idea of it made Nami's heart race. She hadn't touched a steering wheel in years, not since the night of the accident. Memories of that night came in flashbacks of his voice screaming at her, tears blurring her vision as she tried to focus on driving and the sound of horns blaring from all directions. It was the flashback of blinding lights, however, that terrified Nami so much that she blacked out.

Fortunately for her, Jaemin wasn't able to sit still at the idea of Nami waiting alone in the lobby at midnight and had been secretly watching her like a classic film's serial killer. He would have offered her a ride, but he'd already done so many things for her that he wouldn't do for anyone else and the last bit of his ego had begged him to hold onto it. Yet the moment she collapsed, Jaemin rushed to her side and without the slightest bit of hesitation, carried her all the way back to his apartment.

Nami did not only become the first girl to sleep in Na Jaemin's bed, though not for the reasons one would expect.
Nami was also the first girl to make Jaemin feel...worry. An emotion he forgot he could feel for anyone that wasn't family or Donghyuck. But there he was, so worried about Nami that his hands were trembling as he caressed her face.

Jaemin forgot about the game. Forgot about his actual relationship status with Nami. For now, all his attention was on her and her only.

 For now, all his attention was on her and her only

WOW its been a long time. also i have no idea how to write smut and im trying not to make this book vulgar soooo hope y'all understand my very figurative smut scene HAHDHSJ