2: Don't Bite Off More Than You Can Chew

Waiver: Noun: Something you definitely shouldn't sign without full understanding about the dangers you're about to encounter and reading the fine print.

"What do you mean I can't have him?!"

Abruptly you stood, slamming your hands onto the desk with a heavy thud, eyes drilling into the older gentleman-if that's what you could even call him-who sat behind the papers that kept you from the seven of your hybrids.

"I'm sorry young lady, but I just don't understand why you would want Jungkook? You've already adopted five of our hybrids already, and now you're wanting Jungkook as well? He just isn't suitable for adoption."

"Jungkook and Taehyung," you seethed in a cold tone, doing your best to reign in your anger so you wouldn't have another outburst and risk losing them all.

Milly, who stood in the corner by the door, was wringing her hands, all the color drained from her face until she looked like a sheet of paper, at risk of blowing away any second.

"I'm sorry?" The old man asked incredulously, eyes rounded and mouth gaping like a bloated fish.

"Jungkook and Taehyung. You forgot I'm also interested in taking home Taehyung as well."

The old man narrowed his eyes, slowly leaning forward to lace his fingers together in front of his rather plump body on the desk, crinkling the papers as he wet his lips in contemplation. The movement filled the tense silence of the room with crunching from his leather chair. His gaze shifted from you to Milly as he pulled his thick, round glasses from his face to wipe them with a cloth. He was stalling, choosing his next words carefully.

"Tell me.. Is there a particular reason you want these specific hybrids? You know, taking on so many at once isn't the smartest choice, my dear." He smiled at you, more like a sneer barely concealed by a dark beard, then leaned back into his chair; once more lacing sausage fingers, only this time they rested over his suited gut as he watched you jut out your chin in determination.

"Yes, there is a reason I want these particular hybrids."

His brow rose, the dark glimmer in his eyes making the salvia in your mouth dry up almost instantly. You could hear Milly shifting again from her corner, clearly startled by your words, uncertain by what you were about to say or do.

"Oh? And what is that, dearie?" He coaxed, his dark leer never leaving your face with his challenge.

"I'm determined to adopt those who've waited for a home the longest; the ones that have been abandoned. I want to be their home because I know what it's like to not be wanted.. Sir ." You spat with a clenched jaw.

His tensed face seemed to relax a bit, but his uneasy glare never faltered. As his hand rose to sign the papers, you could have sworn he flicked another glare over at Milly, watching her for a couple of seconds longer than necessary.

"Well then, dearie. Jungkook is one matter," he paused, reaching for another document from inside his desk, "but Taehyung and Namjoon, I'm going to need you to sign a few extra papers."

As he slid the wordy file over his cold blue desk, your eyes took in the bold black letters scrawled across the top of the page.

"A waiver?" You sputtered, casting a dubious eye over to Milly who sheepishly glanced away.

"Second thoughts?" The stumpy old man sneered, obviously feeling awfully proud of himself. "These are exotics after all.."

"Just give me that!" You snapped, whipping the pen from his grubby hand before signing the papers, wondering anew what you were getting yourself into.