13: Time Doesn't Give a Shit About Your Tears Or Fears

Resolution:

/ˌrezəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/

noun;

the ending after a big climax..

is there ever really an ending though- life doesn't work like that.

You were rocking Taehyung in the backseat of your haphazardly parked car, petting back his soaked hair when Jin's voice reached your ears. You hadn't realized he returned or even opened the door, too focused on Taehyung's panting to register the cheetah's presence.

"Why are you alone?" You blinked, meeting his blown out eyes.

Seokjin's tongue darted out to wet his lips nervously, a sheen of sweat coating his skin. "I said we have trouble. They didn't believe us, and now they are trying to lock Namjoon up. I'm sorry, but you have to go sign Taehyung in and sort this out." When he saw your panicked eyes fall on Taehyung, his gentle hand landed on the top of your head in a comforting gesture. "I promise, I'll watch over him. You need to hurry."

With a heavy heart, you slid out of the car, trading places with Jin to run into the hospital. Immediately, you were struck by the chaos inside.

Waiting room furniture-which you had to scramble over just to enter-was scattered through the entryway. Behind the front desk counter, Namjoon's sharp eyes were locked warily onto the security guards who slowly approached from both sides; their animal control poles and leather cuffs in hand. Regular staff members stood in the far right corner with fear stricken faces, looking at Namjoon as if he were an actual lion that escaped from the zoo.

You watched in horror as one officer lurched for Namjoon as the lion jumped for it, trying to leap over the disheveled desk, only for another to hook their pole's loop around his neck, stopping him short.

"Wait!" Running, you put yourself between your lion and the guards, gripping the pole to stop them from pulling on it. "He's mine! He's my hybrid!"

They ceased their attack, lowering their tools as they glared. "Ma'am, do you know how dangerous this is? How could you let a lion hybrid loose without a leash? They're wild animals, he could have hurt someone."

Namjoon struggled, teeth bared as he hooked his fingers into the noose around his throat, taking labored gasps while you desperately worked to loosen the plastic ring. "He wouldn't hurt anyone!" You snapped bitingly, ready to throttle the security as your hybrid worked to swallow.

"He was being very aggressive toward the staff, ma'am," another guard explained, a little more softly.

"Yeah, because one of our own is sick in the car and they wouldn't help me!" Namjoon spat, his voice distorted by the rumbling building in his chest.

Finally, the guard with the pole loosened the hold on Namjoon before taking it off to let him take an unobstructed inhale. "Hybrids must be on leash at all times. No exceptions. This time, we won't call control because it sounds like there is an emergency situation, but we won't hesitate next time," he warned, a sneer on his face.

You ignored their reprimands, instead running toward the staff members, tears threatening to spill over again as you rushed to form words. "Please, my tiger is very sick. He's in the car and he needs help. Please," you choked out desperately, hands shaking as they gripped those of a lady in scrubs who seemed to be contemplating.