7: Two Steps Forward, Three Steps Back

A/N: Important announcement regarding the schedule. Because of the upcoming Sofi shows and me traveling, we'll be taking a short three week hiatus. While I’m physically with PolariTae for the three weeks it’ll give us a chance to better revise chapters. Regular scheduled posting should return on December 11th (hopefully) after I get home and settled in.

To anyone else also seeing BTS, let's show them just how much we’ve missed them!

_________

Fact;

The average tiger can eat up to 50kg of meat in just one meal,

that's around 400 burgers

You stared blankly across the table, watching with bemusement as Namjoon attempted to clean up his spilled drink with a chorus of growls and yells playing as background music from your right where Jin and Jimin were trying to steal back burgers that Taehyung was hoarding.

“Guys..” you groaned, working your index and middle fingers into your temple. “Can we all just behave, please?”

“If you hadn’t spent forty-five minutes looking for some damn slippers, they wouldn’t be like this,” Yoongi scoffed, nibbling on a fry with one hand and checking the cuticles of the other.

After picking up Taehyung’s—thankfully untouched—laundry from the laundry room, you realized he hadn’t come with anything else, thus having to search your apartment for literally anything that would’ve fit him. Between the mess the tiger had made of your room and the obstacle of not walking in on anyone getting changed, it took you longer than expected to find anything. In fact, you wouldn't have found anything if not for Jungkook holding up the fuzzy black slippers with little cats on them which had been collecting dust underneath your bed since they were given to you for the previous Christmas.

“I’m amazed you managed to convince him to wear those.” Namjoon jutted his chin toward the tiger, a smirk forming on his face while examining the different condiments offered by the restaurant.

“It was the burgers,” you grimaced, reaching over to help Namjoon prep his sandwich. “Here, you have to put the red stuff on it for sweet and savory, or the yellow stuff for sour.”

Before you could grab the bottle of ketchup for him, he snatched it up into a tight fist. With a pop of wet air, red paste splattered all over the table and into your face as the fighting stopped in surprise.

“What was that? Are you hurt?” Hoseok frowned while Jimin crawled under the table to pop out on your end to check on you.

At your limit, you pushed from your seat to stand. “I’m fine, just stay right there. I’m going to clean up in the bathroom.”

You passed tired parents with screaming children and felt their pain as you made your way into the darkened back of the fast food joint, shoving the over-heavy door panel open before steering right towards the scratched sinks.

It was only day one, you reminded yourself, wetting a paper towel. Surely not everyone had a good start to these things. But even as you thought that, you thought back to the tense atmosphere you walked back into after retrieving the slippers and they were all staring Taehyung down like he was a pariah; the brazen attitude he had when you tried to convince him to wear them up until you managed to bribe him with food. You definitely couldn’t forget the fight over the car as you all had to gang up and force Yoongi into the backseat of “the torture tank” he called it, his clawed fingertips cutting lines into the roof of your car as he refused.