Chapter Thirteen

"Zu!" 

Izuku smiled, preparing himself as Cheo ploughed into him, arms wrapping around his legs. He wobbled a bit, Mrs Nozomi steadying him.

"Easy Cheo-" Laughing, Izuku shook his head and pried the kid off him, crouching. "Miss m-me hot rod?" 

The boy nodded frantically, jumping up and down. "Yeah! You were gone so long!" His eyes moved to the plastic Hearing Aids, and to the still wrapped wrist, frowning. "Did you get a ouchie?" Izuku nodded, huffing as he fell and crossed his legs, flexing his fingers.

"I d-did, so I can't st-stay, but I couldn't le-leave my li-little Hero any longer." The boy thrummed, bouncing on his heels and clasping his hands together. "Will you be back next week? You said we were gonna do more hand stands!"

Smiling, Izuku nodded and laughed at his antics. The boy wondered whether he had been the same - full of energy and questions. 

"I will, I wi-will. My Unkie wa-wanted me to have a f-few more days off be-before I have to d-do a big tou-tournament." Cheo's eyes were blown wide. "Wow! UA's festival is soon! Is it that?! Are you in a Hero school?!"

Izuku nodded again, and Cheo ran little circles. "That's so cool! Ah! I'll get to see you! Big Brother is letting me watch the festival there! I'll cheer you on Zu!"

Catching Cheo's elbow before he fell, Izuku laughed and nodded his head once, grinning. "I'm counting on it Cheo."

__________

True to his word, Izuku did see Cheo at UA. He'd been heading back from the nurses room - his wrist now fully healed and stomach full of gummies - with Shouta when he heard a scream. 

His eyebrow raised as he turned, eyes widening as he saw Cheo tugging a man behind, screaming for the Hero-Student.

That man was one his Teachers and a Hero; Snipe. Anxiety grew.

"Zu! See! I'm here! I said I was going to be here! I'm here!" As his hand dislodged from Snipe's, he darted forward and Izuku crouched just in time for Cheo to fly into him.

Shouta and Snipe make very, very, awkward eye contact. 

Cheo twisted to look at his brother. "See! Sunaipu! I told you Zu was going to be here!" Izuku waved nervously. "H-Hello Mr Sn-Snipe sir." Cheo giggled, bounding around and blabbering aimlessly to no one in particular as Snipe - or Sunaipu as they discovered - assessed Izuku.

"When Cheo told me he had his own little mentor at gymnastics, I wasn't expecting it to be you."

Izuku gave a pitiful laugh, looking down. Before he could respond, Shouta drew his own witty comment. 

"When Izuku told me he had his own little apprentice at gymnastics, I wasn't expecting it to be your demon."

Izuku cleared his throat, catching Cheo before he fell, staggering up from a hand stand. "Careful, remember, centre of gravity - you remember how I taught you?" 

Cheo nodded, pouting slightly, and Izuku turned to Shouta's direction, who nodded after a sigh. He stepped out the way. "Remember, just like this."

His voice strained as his wrist gave a pang, but otherwise the hand stand was successful. Just to show off, he swung his feet slightly and remained in the position for a few extra seconds, falling back. He made sure to hide the spin of his wrist, hoping the slight tightness to go away as he crouched, helping Cheo into a more stable movement.

The boy giggled and cheered as he dropped back, running to tug his brothers leg. Izuku realised his Unkie and teacher had been watching, flushing red. The bandaged Hero held his hand out, and Izuku reluctant placed his wrist in it.

"It's f-fine! Mrs Rec-Recover Girl said it m-might be sore!" Even with his face covered, Izuku knew he had raised an eyebrow, and his onyx eyes rolled. "She also said to wrap it for the games. Make sure you do or I will drag you from the arena myself. Me and your Uncle are in the commentary box, we will know."

Gulping, Izuku nodded. "I wi-will!"

Cheo suddenly squealed. "Sunaipu! Can Zu look after me when you work instead! Please!" The man looked at the boy slightly. "If his Uncle is okay with it, and if he wants to. Although not every night, on the weekends."

All eyes turned to Shouta, no gave one nod. "As long as he has all his homework done. Now, you should be heading off to the preparation rooms. I'm sure Denki and Katsuki are already there."

He nodded, waving to everyone before heading off. As he left, he heard one yell that pushed even more determination into his chest.

"I'll cheer until you win Zu!"

=============

There you guys go! A nice chapter after the continuous angst!! Enjoy it while it lasts...