Chapter Seventeen

Izuku tried not to look at the red on the headband in Dark Shadows mouth, instead feeling the pride swell in his chest. 

"In fourth place! Team Midoriya!"

They had got through - against all odds. A mismatched group of people who'd never worked together before (Izuku had opted out of working with his friends, knowing he and Katsuki were going head to head as an old promise) had actually made it!

He felt his eyes burn as he handed Hatsume - who was pretty awesome by the way - back the support gear with a thankful smile, trying not to cry. He turned to Uraraka, who looked slightly hesitant, and bowed. 

"Thank you for your help!" 

He repeated the process with Tokoyami (who shook his head) and Hatsume (who giggled and thanked him for the opportunity to use her 'babies'). 

Denki ran over, slamming his hands on Izuku's shoulders and pushing him away as Hitoshi joined Tokoyami . He smiled apologetically to Katsuki, who snarled at him, as Mina poked at his hair, the hair tie vanishing through the game.

"You really need a hair cut!" He faintly heard a 'one hour break' as they began walking, gently shoving Mina away as Kirishima wrestled Katsuki back to the group before he stormed. "I d-don't! I like i-it this long!" 

Sero laughed, tugging on a strand slightly. "You're starting to look like Mr Aizawa."

He stopped, paling and eyes shooting wide. Denki yelled in agreement, doubling over and laughing while Mina clapped and laughed, leaning on Kirishima who cackled. Katsuki gave a sneered laugh. 

He shook his head. "N-No! Don't say t-that! Now I've g-got to shave i-it all off!" Everyone snapped their gaze to him, speaking at exactly the same time.

"No."

His eyes widened more, taking a startled step back at the sudden change of attitude, tensing to bolt towards the student lounges as a hand grasped his arm, pushing him against the wall as they surrounded him. Katsuki cracked his knuckles.

"You shave your hair off and I'll kill you Deku." 

He received nods and Izuku raised his hands in surrender, smiling nervously. "O-Okay! I pro-promise I won't!"

He got glared at for another few seconds before releasing the circle, smiles taking most of their faces. Katsuki fell into step besides Izuku and Denki. He nudged Izuku. "Next time don't get so close to my fucking explosions, got it?"

Thinking back to when he'd nearly been caught in one of Katsuki's larger explosions only ten minutes before, he smiled and shrugged. "I'll k-keep it in mind!" 

They rounded into the area, and Izuku grabbed his phone, looking at the messages and smiling softly. "My f-family is here so I'm g-gonna go see them! I'll see y-you guys in a bit!"

They nodded - most stuffing food in their mouths - and waved him off as he headed towards the 'Com-Kingdom' as his Uncle had dubbed it. Once inside, he nodded to Hitoshi and joined him watching Hizashi trying to wrestle a jelly packet directly from Shouta's lips. 

'How long you been here?'

Izuku ignored the pang in his wrist as he signed, and Hitoshi grinned.

'A few minutes. I think Uncle S-H-O-U-T-A seen us, but Uncle H-I-Z-A-S-H-I hasn't.'

Smiling, Izuku dropped to a crouch to the side, where his bag was, and fished out two jelly packet and throwing one to his brother.

They both slurped and caught the attention of Hizashi, who flopped to the floor. 

"No! Sho! Look what you've done! Two pure boys! You've corrupted them!"

The Underground Hero shrugged, nodding to the boys. "I'll get to what I think you did as a Teacher later. For now, as your Guardian, I'm very proud of you too. But Izuku."

The greenette nodded, sucking the rest of the jelly and smiling. It dropped at his Unkie's glare.

"Grab a piece of lit material with your bare hands again and I'll revoke flipping privileges." He paled, remembering using Todoroki's fire (an accidental release that was barely even seen) to light a ball of his Capture scarf, and dipped his head. "S-Sorry."

Hizashi clapped his hands, moving and snatching the jelly from the boys before slamming them into the bin, grabbing two boxes. "Lunch."

Settling down on the floor, Izuku discarded the wrist support, looking at the bento with a grumbling stomach. His nerves were high though, and he also felt sick at the concept of food, feeling the eyes assessing his fingers. The skin was intact, he was fine.

"There's some cream for your ears after you've eaten. And Hitoshi, paracetamol for your headache." The boys nodded in unison, munching happily. Well, Izuku only ate half before putting it away, knee bouncing in it's cross position.

Shouta raised an eyebrow under his bandages, but didn't mention it. Instead, turned his gaze to Hitoshi. "You're mum and sister said they'll be here soon. You're going home with them, remember?"  

Hitoshi nodded, still chewing and putting the box down.

'Yeah, I should have clothes there so it should be fine.'

Izuku smiled, closing his eyes for a second, smile falling when his hair pricked his face. He sighed, opening his eyes with a scowl.

"Unkie, can I borrow another bobble?"

============

Hey!! Chapter!!

I decided to skip the Cavalary battle, so if you weren't sure, it was pretty much exactly how it happened in the manga/anime! Besides Izuku having a Quirk. I didn't want to bore you guys!!

Have a good day! or night!

Until next time little Disappointments!!