𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐁

°⌜ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐁 ⌟°
.

.

.

°⌜ 𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆: 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟥–𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟪
     𝗍𝗈𝗍𝖺𝗅 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍: ~𝟣𝟪𝟢,𝟢𝟢𝟢 ⌟°

°⌜ 𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆: 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟥–𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟪         𝗍𝗈𝗍𝖺𝗅 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍: ~𝟣𝟪𝟢,𝟢𝟢𝟢 ⌟°

────༺༻────

GENERAL COMMENTS

────༺༻────

The Humanity Club (THC) was one of the first books I ever wrote. When I started it, I was in Miyuki's shoes. I didn't have great friends, much less friends that were into anime/manga. In general, my hobbies were wildly different from theirs. A lonely girl who finds a group of friends who accept her for the fangirl she is (and who thereby find themselves in crazy situations together) was what thirteen-year-old me wanted to read so I wrote it ^^

My favourite thing about the book wasn't even writing it, though. It was fangirling with readers in the comments. I think we discussed the animes/mangas/games that were referenced more than the actual characters and storyline. Not that I care. It was all super cool and fun.

Since I did write the first half of it really young, I'm sure it's SUPER cringey. Older me also notices how I've unintentionally recycled many aspects of this book in my newer books to this day... so clearly, this was an important book for me in terms of my writing journey and an amalgamation of my favourite plot/character tropes.

If you were there supporting me throughout my time updating it, just know you're a large reason why I'm still writing! Of course, when I see people reading the story so many years later it makes me indescribably happy too :')

────༺༻────

RANDOM TRIVIA

────༺༻────

The ending I originally had for the book was MUCH different than the ending I eventually posted!

First of all, THC was supposed to be a harem. So, by the end, most of them confessed to Miyuki. Some even kissed her! And the one who ended up with Miyuki wasn't Hiro. It was actually Kazuya/Wannabe.

!!!

I had many months to let that sink it until I finally decided to go back and rewrite the last several chapters, which is what I posted! Even now, I regret having Yuji also have a crush on Miyuki. If I could go back, I'd rewrite that whole plot line too.

I've never admitted to this dark secret because like, really, what was I thinking???

I'm glad I deleted those chapters—

Hibiki was never going to be a character in the story. He was completely a last minute addition (thus he shows up halfway through the book) and I went with it. I'm glad I did, though, because I can't imagine THC without him. He's my favourite character lmao.

While writing that graduation scene at the end of the book with Kazuya, I was actually graduating high school IRL. I started the book when I was thirteen and in junior high (when I was way younger than the characters) and I was still writing the book when I was the same age as them too. I guess you can I literally grew up with these characters. Maybe that's why it has so much sentimental value to me.

When I had the worst writer's block for this story, Mystic Messenger had come out and text message based stories were super popular on Wattpad. I literally wrote a "what if the THC characters had a group chat," silly text message story retelling the first several chapters. It surprisingly did help with my motivation and I finished the book the same year!

All this to say, you seriously never know what will help with writer's block.

The reason I didn't post this whole text message retelling though is because I wanted to focus on finishing the actual book. Then, when I finished it, I guess I low-key forgot about it?

Maybe I'll revisit it someday. It had potential.

Kasumi, the main character from my story The Student Council's Pet, makes a brief appearance in Chapter 29 at the convenience store. Hikari (another character) is actually Miyuki's co-worker. I have no clue if anyone ever caught that. I was writing both stories around the same time (2017) and decided to add them in.

────༺༻────

COVER COLLECTION

────༺༻────

Book covers I've made over the course of its time on Wattpad! There are way more but these are the ones I still have

Book covers I've made over the course of its time on Wattpad! There are way more but these are the ones I still have. Crummy as some of them are.

Any you remember? Have a particular favourite?

.

.

.

Up Next !

Character Profile Sheets