4 | True Intent

Nedzu: Take a seat, Midoriya.

Izuku: Alright.

To say I was uncomfortable was an understatement. Making small talk was not a skill I'd acquired during my time at the...'school'.

Nedzu: Can I offer you some tea?

Izuku: Uh, no thanks. Is this going to take long?

Nedzu: Not really. I just want to talk with some students and see how they're settling in.

I didn't believe him. I was sure he wanted me here to ascertain something. I was sure HE KNEW that I KNEW something was up.

Izuku: Fine, I guess. It's nice.

Nedzu: Just 'nice'? Well, I suppose it can't compare to that academy you went to, right? Speaking of it, do you mind telling me about your time there?

Izuku: I mean, I remember being with a lot of snobby kids. I didn't really make many friends, though. I like U.A a lot more.

Nedzu: That's interesting. You know, I was shocked when I found out about the low acceptance rate.

Izuku: Really?

Nedzu: Afraid so. You didn't know?

He looked at me in a way that said, 'No matter how innocent I may seem, I'm onto you'. I simply shrugged.

Nedzu: I see. Well, that'll be all. Have a good day, Midoriya.

Izuku: Yeah, you too.

As I was walking back, I saw someone I hadn't really expected to see. All Might.

Izuku: Wow, All Might's really here... oops, I said that too loudly.

He was moving almost...cautiously. I'd caught his attention and he waved at me as I made my way back to the classroom. I wondered why All Might took up a teacher's position at this school. Maybe my way of thinking was wrong, but someone as powerful as him could be doing a lot of other things in the world right now. Though, times have changed. All Might doesn't patrol as much as he did in his prime.

Izuku: Maybe he's getting old...or maybe-

As I was lost in thought, I bumped into a girl I recognised from earlier. Momo Yaoyorozu.

Izuku: Ah, sorry. Are you okay?

Yaoyorozu: Y-Yes. Fine, thank you-

She stopped and looked at me as if I had just said something offensive. Was there something on my face?

Izuku: Is everything okay?

Yaoyorozu: Sorry! You looked familiar to me for a second.

Ah, so that was it.

Izuku: I've been told I'm fairly plain-looking. Maybe you're confusing me for someone else?

Yaoyorozu: That might be the case. Excuse me.