3 | Halcyon Days

1 DAY AFTER THE ENTRANCE EXAM

Present Mic stretched out, after completing what seemed like a lifetime's worth of paperwork. Midnight approached him, looking unimpressed.

Midnight: Had your fill of work, Mic?

Present Mic: YEAAAH! It's a lot, y'know?!

Midnight: Well, that's to be expected with an influx of new students.

Vlad King: These kids look promising! I'll make fine heroes out of 'em.

Nedzu: You say that every year, Vlad.

Vlad King: And I'm always right.

Snipe: Katsuki Bakugo is impressive. He scored pretty high on the written exam, and took first place in the practical.

All Might: We certainly can't ignore those who got in through recommendations either. Shoto Todoroki, son of Endeavour is starting this year.

Midnight: AH! I can't wait to see the passion of the youth, it gets me so excited!

While Midnight tried to contain herself, Nedzu picked up a file on a student he found rather peculiar.

Vlad: Something wrong?

Nedzu: Well, it's just this student...the information we have on them isn't a lot. 'Izuku Midoriya'. It's said that he attended a private learning institution for many years, but since it's shut down, he is coming to U.A.

Midnight: Why was it shut down?

Nedzu: Well, that's not particularly important to us right now. What's more pressing is that we have nothing on this student. No records of their behaviour, achievements, their reports are classified information.

Snipe: We, the faculty of U.A, don't have access to this information?

Nedzu: I'm afraid not.

Mic: Seriously?

All Might: Strange. Why would the government keep such a tight lid on this?

Nedzu: He applied for General Studies. He passed the tests, but his scores weren't anything remarkable...

- - -

I was sat by the pool, just observing my classmates...on my lonesome. I had failed to integrate into a social clique, and maybe that was due to my lame introduction in the classroom.

[Izuku: I'm Izuku Midoriya...uh, I'm Quirkless. Umm...I don't really have any special skills or anything like that. I'll do my best to get along with all of you...]

Yeah, that earned me some claps of pity, but not much else. Now, I was in swim class. Our classes probably weren't as thrilling as 1-A or 1-B, but I had no qualms about that. Anyway, I decided I'd make conversation with him.

Izuku: So, Shinso. I see you're not swimming.

Shinso: Shut up. You're not swimming either.

Izuku: True...

Shinso was also sat down by the pool. More than anything, he seemed disinterested. That was only fair since he hadn't made the cut for the Hero course.