5 | Eye

//Nedzu reflects on his meeting with Izuku...//

He's a little hard to read. He's suspicious. I'm not sure if I can say he's a threat for sure, but what I will say is that there is a darkness in his eyes. It's...familiar? I'd like to talk more with him.

-
A couple of days later, I was sat on my computer, listening to what I'd picked up from Recovery Girl's office. I was growing tired of listening, dragging the cursor slightly forward, only to hear nothing important. I would've ended it there, but then...

[...Ah, again.]

[Sorry, sorry... *static nosies* Mirio Togata *static*]

[One For....*static* You can't keep... *static* Will you choose him?]

I had found something interesting, after all. They mentioned 'Togata', a senpai of mine, though I've never met him. I had watched U.A's previous Sports Festivals and seen him in action. He seemed goofy, but you couldn't let that fool you, he was definitely strong. I was starting to get tired though, so I decided I'd continue this later.

-
Izuku: Good morning.

Shinso: Yo.

...

Talking like this was nice.

Izuku: Ah, Shinso. You know the Sports Festival is coming up in a couple weeks?

Shinso: Hm?

Izuku: I was just thinking that this would be your opportunity to take-

Shinso: Listen, Midoriya. Do you really think I stand a chance?

Despite my...'other' motives, I had a genuine curiosity. I wanted to see how far someone like Shinso could go. I wanted to see an origin story with my own eyes, if that makes sense.

Izuku: Well, maybe you're not as impressive as I thought...

Shinso: I don't wanna hear it from you.

Around lunchtime I found myself craving something different from the usual. At the Lunch Rush Canteen, there is a section serving the less popular dishes - typically a lot of these are designed to accommodate the needs of people with Quirks that require them to have...specific diets. I'm pretty sure last week I watched someone eat scrap metal, so a lot of things were on the table as far as food is concerned.

Izuku: Ah...soba.

There was only one bowl left. As I went to reach out for it, so did someone else. I pulled my hand back almost immediately and they did the same. I looked to my left and took in their appearance. Their hair, half-red and half-white. They had heterochromia, with a noticeable scar on the left side of his face.

Izuku: Oh, sorry. Go ahead.

"It's fine, you take it."

Izuku: I insist. I wasn't that desperate anyway.

Before a back and forth could ensue, one student who had just picked up the bowl beforehand, put it back without even touching the food.

Izuku: Well, I guess that solves everything then.

"Yeah."

The student next to me took a bowl and looked frustrated, muttering something about it being too warm. Then he cupped the side of it with his right hand. It became icy, and then he slightly chilled the bowl. I was so immersed in what he was doing, I'd forgotten to grab a bowl of my own.

He then looked up at me, and I quickly apologised.

Izuku: Ah. Sorry for staring so much.

"Yeah. It's fine."