The Accident

"Oh God.
Oh God.
It's going to get me. I swear it's going to get me."  You think to yourself.

        Seven year old you is running through the small town Resembool. You didn't dare to look back at the hideous creature on your trail.

        Their house was so close. You could almost touch it. But the beast got a hold of you before you could touch the door to safety. It sinks its sharp teeth into your ankle, causing you to fall over. It began to growl and drag you backwards a couple feet. The pain was unbearable, and you screamed, hoping that Edward, Al, or Winry might have heard you. Anyone.

        The beast, which seemed to be half wolf, half some other terrible monster, narrows its eyes at you and throws you with a flick of it's jaws backwards down the hill.

        "(Y/N)!" I hear a high pitched voice scream as I hit the ground.

        "ALPHON-"

        A searing pain in your right hand cut off your yell to Al, which turned into a scream of pain. You looked to the beast with fear pooling in your eyes, and tears running down your cheeks. It began to bolt away from the house, dragging you with it by your right hand.

        There is a bright flash and you are again being flung through the air. You hit the ground hard. Most of the impact was to your head, cauing you to black out.

***

        When you woke up you nearly vomited and screamed at the same time. Your vision was rimmed with scarlet, and there was pain in not only your right hand, but both of your hands. Your hearing is rather cloudy, as if your ears were filled with cotton balls. Your head throbbed. But through all the inner chaos of your body, you could hear the quiet sobbing of someone. You turned my head. Big mistake. Pain shot down your spine immediately. A small yelp emitted from your shaking body.

        "I feel so... tired... if I could just... sleep..."  You think to yourself, the pain starting to overwhelm you to a breaking point.

        Your eyelids felt heavy. But through your exhaustion You could see a small boy with blonde hair. You don't know how you didn't notice before but it was raining. The weight of the water in his hair made his hair sag and hang in front of his eyes. He looked over at you, noticing that you are now awake.

        "...(Y/N)... you're awake?!" he questions amazed, wiping some tears from his eyes.

        You smiled, feeling safe now that you realized that it was Alphonse by your side. You are able to let out a small sigh of relief before the pain and blood loss caught up to you, making you sleepy again. You were able to stay awake just long enough to feel strong arms pick you up gently and to see sorrowful, but strong golden eyes stare down at you, as if they were telling you that everything would be all right.

***

What they didn't know, however, was the fact that you had seen this horrifying beast before. You'd seen it every day from the day you were born.