An Act of Love

Author: I added the song since it's what I listened to whilst writing this, plus it makes a great mood setter for about the first half of this chapter.

Running as fast as your legs could take you, you came to a large walled area in the heart of Central. Gunfire echoed loudly and like an endless and constant stream of crashing in your eardrums. You thought for sure it could deafen you but at the moment it wasn't your concern. 

Scanning everything around you to try and find Alphonse, you see instead a tall blond haired male. Power surged around him. Something stirred inside of you, like some sort of energy was trying to take over. This man was something different. Something about him was unnaturally powerful. 

"Alphonse! Don't you do it damn it!" You heard Edward screaming desperately. Your attention turned to the scream. 

The tall male was approaching Ed, who's automail arm had been shattered and had his other arm pinned to a crumbled piece of concrete with a metal rod. Alphonse was just a little ways away, seemingly in distress. There was a large hole in the front of his armor, revealing his blood seal. 

"The stone, boy! GIVE IT TO ME!" The tall male boomed to Edward, who was squirming helplessly to get free. 

Al began to lay down and raise his arms towards the sun. You knew exactly what he was about to do, and you didn't like it one bit. There was no way you were going to just stand by and watch. 

"Over here you slimy bastard!" You called with rage at the tall male, transmuting your automail arms into long daggers instead of fingers. 

Just about everyone in the vicinity looked at you, including the ominous man and the Elrics. You noticed the wounded Roy Mustang and Riza just a little ways away. Alphonse sat up shakily, armor creaking weakly with damage. 

"(Y/N)!" Alphonse cried out helplessly.

"Agony!" the man boomed, a strange smile crossing his face. "So you have finally shown your petty face. Join me. We could conquer them all together. Create a better and more perfect world!"

Your head became fuzzed as you hesitated, lowering your defense and arms. Out of nowhere, you recognized this man. Edward looked at you in horror, which could only mean that your eye had begun to glow. 

"Father.... you're Father..."

Edward's POV

I was helplessly trapped, and I knew exactly what Alphonse was about to do. I was somewhat relieved when I heard the shout that seemed to distract Al for the time being, but the problem still remained that I was trapped with a metal rod in my arm. 

(Y/N)'s eyes, not just the one had started to glow like a homunculi, which could only mean trouble for us. Her confused expression slowly became one of a horrific nature as an evil grin plastered her face.

Father extended an arm to the shadow alchemist, beckoning her to come closer. 

(Y/N) suddenly morphed into a shadowy figure. She moved with lightning quick speed until she was right in front of Father. 

"Don't do it (Y/N)!" another voice spoke up. Greed was charging at Father with determination. Father only laughed as he caught Greed's punch, nearly crushing the other's hand has Greed was suddenly buckling at the knees. He then crumpled to the ground as Father oddly enough started screaming. Part of him started to change into a dark substance, before he rejected whatever he had taken from Greed. 

As if anything couldn't get any stranger, it was Greed himself, except not quite in the humanoid form. I could only watch with sadness as he faded into nothing. 

Father's attention then turned to Agony. He roughly grabbed her head and seemingly started to do the same thing he had done to Greed. Agony started to scream, but she held her ground.

Al, however, seemed to be pushed to his breaking point. He quickly laid back on the ground and gave one last piece of advice to me before transmuting his soul. 

"Save her, Brother."

Your POV

It was a strange pain that coursed through your body. You could feel something being ripped out of you. What was stranger, was that you seemed to have regained conciousness. Whatever Father was doing was making him stronger. 

You were in some sort of reddened state of being. Everything seemed to be leaving you- your energy, your thoughts, everything. 

No. This would not be how you ended. You would not die like this. You needed to save Al and Ed and everyone else. If you didn't do something, the world would be doomed, and you knew that. 

The carbon form Envy had left Father in was slowly being repaired to his previous state the more he ripped the energy and homunculi half of you away. 

Focusing everything you had, you instead imagined the ripping force as an energy, or as a river flowing away. You then imagined the flow reversing.

Pain surged through you as a huge load of energy coursed through your body and bakc into you. But the feeling was addicting. The more energy you had pulsing in your being, the more you couldn't stop. You wanted more. You needed more. 

You were brought back into reality. A blackened version of Father stood in front of you. You reached out your automail hand, now glowing and pulsing with a dark purple and raw looking energy, and just touched him. He crumbled into dust and blew away with a small gust of wind. 

And you laughed. Oh how you laughed. How amusing it was how weak the so called Father was. He was nothing in comparision. And now you had all this energy! All this power! Oh, all the things you could do with it!

You turned to Alphonse, and ran over to the armor. 

"Al! I can bring you back! I can give you your body back!" You said giddily. 

There was no response. You frowned at this.

"A-Al?"

You still received no response. Ed slowly walked to the other side of the armor, choking back tears. He was shaky with every step, and you knew it was because he was being cautious. He was scared of you. He should be. You knew you could crush him so easily.

There was no glow in the armor's eyes. Al was gone. And so was that blood seal. You studied Ed closer. He had his arm back, and you wondered why you didn't notice sooner. 

Something inside you snapped. 

You lunged at the remaining Elric. 

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT! YOU SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED HIM! HE WAS YOUR BROTHER AND YOU LET HIM DIE FOR YOU! YOU SELFISH LITTLE BRAT HOW COULD YOU!?"

Edward had kept Alphonse from you before. He kept the boy you loved from you. He had failed to protect Al when he needed it most, all because he was reckless and got his automail destroyed. This was your chance to pass proper judgement. Show him what you really thought. 

You, instead of killing Ed right then and there, slowly stood up, energy pulsing more and more, made your right hand into one huge knife.

But a picture of Al's smiling face clouded your thoughts. 

No, you weren't some monster. You couldn't kill. This wasn't like you. You crumbled to the ground. All this power. It was maddening you. Making you insane. It was corrupting your very being. You were a kind soul. You couldn't kill someone, let alone Edward. Ed was your friend. He had always been, no matter what. Even if he had kept Al away from you after realizing the truth, you knew he was only trying to be a good brother. So now, you had to do what was right. This energy needed to be banished from existence. It needed to be destroyed. The only way to do that is to.....

"I'm a monster...." You muttered as you plunged your knife straight through your heart.