The Watch

Alphonse's POV:

Wherever she was I had to find her. I wish she had given me the chance to explain myself. I hadn't meant what I said. When you think yourself a monster, when you are trapped in a suit of armor and can't feel or eat or sleep, and you find yourself seeing someone in a similar situation, it can make you say things too fast.

I can't remember how long I was out searching the streets. Brother even started to help me look after a little while. It seems that I have talked some sense into him after all. But it wasn't long when I saw smoke billowing up into the air.

Immediately, I got a bad feeling that whatever was causing that smoke had to do with (Y/N). My feet started to carry me before Edward could protest. Before I even knew I was running, I was. Fear built up inside of me.

It took me a while to get there, and apparently, it had been going on for a while before I even noticed the smoke in the air.

The scene when I got there was a mess of people gathered around the now charred library. Medics were searching through the rubble of the now put out fire. There was a body recovered. The librarian they said. But something told me that (Y/N) was somewhere near this place at the time. A fire around the same time (Y/N) ran as a homunculi was out on the loose seemed too coincidental.

I searched around in the ashes. For a clue. For anything. Thats when I found (Y/N)'s State Alchemist watch. The one she never left anywhere. It was laying in the ash, speckled in blood.

Edward came up behind me, seeing the watch just like me.

"Envy."

I nodded, trying my best not to break down. Brother put a hand on my armor.

"We'll find her Al. Don't worry."