Chapter 1

'Birds of a feather flock together.' At least, I think that's what they say.

The only people I'll be flocking with will have to keep their identity a secret from me. Another school, another restart with no friends.

I keep an eye out for the crow following me as I enter my new school.

Collège Françoise Dupont.

It looks decent. It's clean and I don't see anyone skipping class, so the students are committed to their education.

The crow lands on the roof and looks in a certain direction. I follow the gaze and see the principal's door. I give a small nod to the crow as I approach the door.

The door swings open before I get a chance to knock, so I put on my most friendly smile as I look up. A burly, bearded man stands in front of me with a smile.

"Oh! You must be (Y/N) (L/N), the new transfer. I was starting to worry when you didn't show up earlier, but not an issue now, so let's get you your information."

I sit down as he begins rummaging through some drawers.

Glancing around at his office, the principal seems to have a fascination for heroes.

I don't blame him. When you have people like Ladybug and Cat Noir defending the city, why wouldn't superheroes excite you?

"My apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Mr. Damocles, the school principal."

We shake hands as I also look at a piece of paper.

It has my classes, locker, locker combination, and some other stuff I don't understand, but that means it's not as important.

"Thank you, Mr. Damocles. I'm sure I'll get along just fine with everyone here, and I'll come to you if I have any concerns."

Mr. Damocles smiles wide as he holds the door open for me.

"I'm glad to hear that. You may also ask teachers, as well as your peers. I'll look forward to hearing about your experiences shortly. Have a good day."

I bid my farewells before leaving. It looks like classes are over, because there are students filing out of classrooms. Some of them are looking at me.

Still, no one approaches. I glance back up to the crow. They're keeping an eye on everyone and everything around me.

Since no one wants to talk to me, why should I talk to them? I rake my hand through my hair as I walk home, enjoying the breeze on my face.

I stare at the empty garage for a few seconds. My parents are going to be in meetings almost all the time for the next few weeks to set up business in Paris. I'll barely get to see them, not like I spent that much time with them anyway.

I lock the door behind me before trudging up the stairs. I didn't even do that much today. Why am I acting like I'm exhausted?

I open my window and the crow comes flying in.

"Finally! I know I keep watch, but do you know how long I had to wait for you to open the window? It's like you purposely take your time just to see me get angry."

I giggle as Croww angrily eats some nuts and seeds I put out for him.

No matter what happens, I can always get Croww back on my side with food. It's been like that since we first met.

I love thinking back to when we met because it's the day I found someone who won't leave me, or at least, someone who can't leave me.

Wherever we lived before, I always fed the crows and ravens. I know they're scavengers and can get by just fine without human interference, but I always liked it when they all flocked to me.