Chapter 6

I look at the front of the indoor skate park. It doesn't look that bad from the outside.

"(Y/N)! You're a bit early."

I smile at Alix as I hold the door open for her. She does a mock curtsy before entering.

"I always show up a bit early if I can. I'd rather be somewhat early than somewhat late."

My eyes roam the current area. There aren't that many people here right now, so we better take advantage of this space while we still can.

I lean against the wall as Alix puts on her rollerblades. As I glance to the side, I notice Croww looking in through a window. Unfortunately, someone is probably going to shoo him away soon.

I look back as I hear the familiar sound of rolling wheels gaining speed. Alix is rolling around, trying to grind on the pool coping and some handrails. She successfully does so, earning the attention of the handful of people that are here.

Alix does a front flip out of the pool and lands in front of me. I clap for her as she bows. She holds her hand out to me.

"You want me to get in there with you? I'd love to... but I've never done anything like this before. Plus, I think I'd just slow you down."

Alix smiles and gestures to the employee behind the counter at the entrance.

"You can sign up for lessons, or borrow a pair of rollerblades, or even buy them here. Really, anything to do with skate parks, you can find here. I'd lend you my extra pair, but we have different shoe sizes."

I look at the employee who looks like they'd rather be anywhere else right now, then I look back at Alix with a smile.

"Lessons? Why would I pay for lessons here when I have the best teacher right in front of me? I mean, the way your body moves is nothing like I've ever seen."

This time, Alix's blush is obvious. She turns away and tries to look busy with her rollerblades, so I decide to back off and get some rollerblades in my size.

I put them on along with the helmet I was given, but stay on the bench. I just know I'll fall if I try to move.

Alix grabs my hands and slowly pulls me up. I wobble a bit and end up almost falling over. Surprisingly, Alix is able to support both our weights without us falling over.

Both of us blush at the position and slowly reset ourselves. We try again and Alix grabs my hands before slowly rolling backwards.

"We're going to start slow. I personally love to go really fast, but we don't want to risk you falling and hurting yourself."

Even with Alix pulling me along, it still seems like I'll fall if I move my foot just a tiny bit.

I tighten my grip on her hands, causing Alix to do the same.

"Okay, I'm going to let go now. You don't have to do anything fancy. Just don't fall. If you want to stop, lean back on your left foot to apply the rubber brake."

Don't fall. Got it.

Alix slowly releases my hands and moves to the side. I'm still rolling without moving my legs, but I'm going to have to move soon if I don't want to bump into a wall.

I lean forward to gain some speed, but I'm kind of stuck here. Do I just whirl around? Do I start turning little by little?

I move my right foot in front and start to turn. So far so good.

"You're doing great, (Y/N)."

Okay. I've successfully turned around. I'm heading straight for the pool and only gaining speed. Not to mention, more people have shown up to do some skating, so if I fall, there's only going to be a bigger audience.