Chapter 4

I wake up and yawn while looking around. It looks like the sun is just coming up. I am the only one awake right now.

I slip my shoes on and quietly leave the room, making my way downstairs and out the side door.

"Croww, cloak me with feathers."

After transforming, I fly up to a nearby rooftop. I set up my phone and get ready to record. Croww lands next to it.

"Leaving without saying goodbye? I never took you as that kind of person."

I shake my head as I step back, crossing my arms.

Three... Two... One...

"Blackwing reporting in. Alya Césaire, I must inform you that I will show up for the interview. Ladybug, Cat Noir, and I will make sure this is the best interview you've ever done."

I fly up out of the shot, before making my way back down to stop the recording. I edit out the extra few seconds of nothing at the end before anonymously posting it on the Ladyblog.

I jump down next to the bakery while muttering the detransformation phrase. I give Croww a spare croissant I snagged from the kitchen on my way out.

"Sorry you had to be in the cold last night, but I didn't think Marinette would want a crow flying around her room. You'll just have to stay out here a little longer, okay?"

Croww nods as he swallows the bread. I slide back inside and walk up to the living room.

I'm still the only one up right now, so I get started on pancakes. I throw blueberries in some and chocolate chips in others.

I look to the side as I hear footsteps. The others are starting to come down. I set up some plates and silverware for everyone.

Marinette rubs her eyes.

"(Y/N)? You didn't have to do this. We could have all made breakfast together and split the work."

I smile as I turn the stove off and start cleaning up.

"It really wasn't much trouble at all, Marinette. Eat up, all of you. First stack is regular, middle is blueberry, and the last stack is chocolate chip."

Alix doesn't have to be told twice. She takes the seat next to my plate and starts stacking pancakes on top of each other.

I sit with them once everything is clean, only for Alya to almost drop her phone.

"Look at who posted to the Ladyblog."

Alya turns her phone toward us and presses play. The video I shot this morning plays. The others are hanging on every word I say.

When it's finished, Alya squeals in delight.

"Now I need to prepare more questions! I already had plenty, but now I'm just thinking of question after question."

We get Alya to calm down and finish her breakfast, but she made us agree to the condition that she leaves afterwards to start brainstorming even more to talk about.

Isn't the interview only an hour long? She has to know we can't possibly cover everything she wants to talk about, right?

True to her word, Alya races upstairs as soon as she's done, packing her things with haste. She gives us a quick wave before leaving.

I stifle a laugh at her behavior.

"Does she always get like that before an interview?"

Marinette shakes her head.