Chapter 8

A/N: Lemon later in the chapter.

I exit the classroom with Alix. We planned to hang out after school today.

"How is your project coming along? Do you need any help?"

Alix smiles and shakes her head.

"Nope. I have everything done on time for once."

As we exit the school, I notice the general atmosphere is somber. It's not something new, though.

Ever since I had that argument with Ladybug, I haven't been there to help with villains. At least, not whenever they're in the area.

I've done my part in taking down villains by myself, leaving whenever I see Ladybug and Cat Noir approaching so the akuma can be captured.

It has definitely affected the overall mood of everyone. I look down at Alix after we cross the street, for it seems this is getting to her more than she would like to admit.

Once we're inside my house, I let Alix get comfortable on the couch while I make hot cocoa.

I hand Alix her cup before sitting next to her.

"What's on your mind?"

Alix takes a long drink before answering.

"I just want the tension between the heroes to go away. Everyone wants it. I'm not exactly sure what Blackwing and Ladybug were arguing about, but it clearly had a negative impact on everyone. This has been going on for several weeks. I just want to see our heroes reunited again."

I lower my own drink from my lips with a frown.

Truthfully, I'm finally getting worn down on this too. At first, I actually preferred fighting alone and doing whatever I wanted. Now, it just kind of feels like I've been dragging this on, but as far as I know, Ladybug and Cat Noir haven't tried to reach out either.

"I'm sorry."

Alix stares at me for a few seconds before raising an eyebrow.

"Why? You didn't have anything to do with the heroes fighting."

Damn, I responded on instinct and forgot Alix doesn't know I'm Blackwing.

I give a small smile and set my drink down.

"I meant I'm sorry you feel that way. Come here."

Alix sets her drink next to mine and scoots closer to me. I lean back and shift around so we're lying on the couch. Alix rests her head on my chest as I wrap my arm around her.

I turn down the volume on the TV, but keep it on the news. The weather report is suddenly cut off in order to show Ladybug and Cat Noir fighting a villain who seems able to avoid all attacks used against him.

As I look closer, I notice the villain is actually vanishing that part of his body into thin air before completely materializing again. He also passes through inanimate objects without issue, so I'm guessing his powers are related to the concept of being hidden, which is why he uses mist.

With a quick glance down at Alix, she's softly snoring on my chest, making my heart rate spike for a second before I slowly slide out from under her.

One last look at the TV shows the villain vanishing before materializing behind Cat Noir. He traps Cat Noir in a headlock, so I turn and leave quickly and quietly.

"Croww, cloak me with feathers!"

If I remember correctly, I saw the Arc de Triomphe in the background, so that's where I'll go first.