Chapter 5

I wake up in a coughing fit as something lands on my chest. My eyes snap open, only to reveal Croww sitting there. He glances toward my phone and I check the time.

What?!

I shoot up out of bed and over to the window.

"How tired were you? I've been trying to wake you up for the past twenty minutes."

I shove my phone in my pocket as I stare Croww down.

"Croww, cloak me with feathers!"

I leave as quick as I can. I only have a few minutes to be there on time. I said I would be there and I don't want to disappoint anyone attending, whether it's Alya, Ladybug, Cat Noir... or Alix.

Croww flies closer to me as we approach the news station.

"Want to make an entrance as an apology for almost being late?"

I give him a quick nod as I turn sharply. If I'm counting correctly, I only have about two minutes left.

I enter through the roof and look down each hallway. How am I supposed to know which room they're in?

I get a flickering feeling in the back of my mind like someone is trying to communicate with me, but I'm alone.

"I am outside the right room. Come find me."

Croww? He knew the room and didn't tell me?

Again, there is a flickering feeling, but this time it's more like an instinct, like I already know where to go.

I follow this feeling through the halls and stairwells before finally seeing Croww outside. I stop before I go in, crossing my arms and almost glaring at Croww.

"Back up to get a running start. As soon as the doors open, just imagine yourself transforming into a crow. To return to human, do the same thought process but reversed. I'll be waiting outside."

I put some space between me and the door. I take a few deep breaths before running.

As my hand touches the door, I try to imagine everything as vivid as possible. Feathers sprouting along my entire body as it shrinks and reshapes into the form of a crow. My arms changing into the wings themselves and something protruding from my face.

Everyone's eyes are on me as I fly up. As I fly above the end of the couch, I imagine everything again.

The beak is the first to change back, then my arms, then the rest of my body. I don't bother using my wings to slow my fall as I land on the couch next to Cat Noir.

I clear my throat with a smile.

"So, how is everyone?"

Surprised looks cover everyone's faces as my smile remains. Behind the camera, someone gives Alya a hand signal. She nods before returning my smile.

"Good evening, Paris. I'm Alya Césaire, reporter of the Ladyblog, bringing you an exclusive interview with Paris' finest: Ladybug, Cat Noir, and Blackwing."

I straighten my posture and smile as the camera pans over to us. Ladybug sits up.

"Thank you for inviting us. We're excited to answer any questions you have for us."

Alya's eyes practically shine as soon as the words leave Ladybug's mouth. As I glance behind the camera again, I notice Alix looking directly at me. Not in my direction to look at all of us, but just me.

I give her a quick wave before turning back to Alya.

"Starting off, Blackwing, that entrance was incredible. When did you find out you could transform like that?"