Chapter 3: Real Mission

"COME HERE!!!!!!!" Hanabi screamed as she climbed a tree.

"You think you got this, Hanabi?" Alonso asked her.

"I DO!!!" she shouted back.

"I don't think she got this," Alonso whispered to Rai.

"Eh," he responded.

"Don't worry guy, she got this," Kuzunoha told them while patting their heads.

It has been two weeks since the group has started. They have been doing plenty of D rank missions, such as now with getting a cat out of a tree. And a few C rank missions. But nothing beyond that and the team was growing bore of these missions as they have been doing these missions rather easily.

They longed for something more. And their longing for something more may turn out to be larger than they expected. But right now, they had to get this cat. Well, Hanabi had to get the cat and she managed to get onto a branch where the cat was.

"Alright," she said while balancing herself. "I got this." She looked at the cat and slowly approached it. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty," she said while getting closer. The cat jumps at her and aims for the face. "AH! SCREW YOU KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

They both fall out of the tree and she throws the cat off. "Hanabi!" Alonso said while running over to her. "Are you ok?" he asked her while kneeling to the girl's side.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she told him while standing up.

"Good," he replied while standing up as well.

Kuzunoha picked up the cat and handed it to the owner. "Oh, Mr. Fluff, what were you thinking climbing up that tree?" asked the elderly lady as she hugged the cat.

"I think getting away from you," Kuzunoha said under her breathe.

"What was that?" asked the lady,

"Oh, nothing!" Kuzunoha said to the lady.

"Alright," she retorted before walking away with the cat.

"Ugh," said the sensei before turning to Team 12. "Great job!"

"I guess," Hanabi retorted.

"Miss Kuzunoha, can I ask you something?" Alonso inquired.

"What is it?" she retorted.

"Can we go on some harder missions?" he asked her. "These are boring in all honesty."

"I agree with Alonso," Rai said. "Plus, how are we supposed to improve if we are doing stuff like saving cats from trees?"

"What he said," Hanabi replied.

"Well, we can ask the third Hokage for a tougher mission but are you guys sure that you can handle it?" Kuzunoha asked them.

"Yes!"

"Anything is better than this."

"Yeah, I don't want to do any more of these missions."

"Alright, let's go!" Kuzunoha said.

Time past and Team 12 was now in front of the third Hokage. "Very impressive. Four C and twelve D rank missions all done successfully," the Third said to them.

"They have been doing a great job," Kuzunoha said.

"So, do you all want another mission?" the Hokage asked.

"Yes," answered the sensei.

"Can it be a B rank or something?" Rai asked the Hokage.

Everyone in Team 12 looked at Rai shocked he would be that blunt in front of the Hokage of all people. "So, you want a higher rank mission, huh?" asked Hiruzen.