Chapter 6: The Chunin Exams

Quite a bit of time has gone by since Team 12's S rank mission and the group has been doing only doing strictly D and C rank missions. Kuzunoha has been proud of their growth and seeing how far they have come in the short time they have been ninjas.

Alonso has been gaining greater mastery of his two tomoe Sharingan along with his Ice Release, Hanabi has been getting better at using nature transformations along with her Byakugan, and Rai has improved overall with controlling his chakra and his affinity for Lightning Release.

To put their skills to the test, she has them battle her. By doing multiple hand signs, Alonso forms his ice lance and throws it at her. She forms her right hand into a karate chop and swings. By combining it with her Wind Release she unleashes a slash of wind that slashes the lance.

Alonso watches as the attack comes at him and thanks to his developed Sharingan, he easily sees it and dodges. "Aqua Shot!" Hanabi shouted before firing bits of water to strike Kuzunoha's chakra points.

She unleashes three and Kuzunoha dodges each. "Nice try, but here's mine," she said before unleashing a singular and large aqua shot at Hanabi.

She jumps into the air and dodges the attack. Rai comes in spinning while flowing lightning through his blade. He reaches his sensei and unleashes a slash that had lightning coming out of his blade. Kuzunoha jumps back with a grin on her face.

She lands on both her feet and looks at all three of her students. "You all really have improved. The growth of all three of you is better than any student I previously had," she told them.

"I would expect nothing less," Rai said.

"Same here. I want nothing more than to be a great ninja!" Alonso added.

"Me too!" Hanabi retorted as she stood next to Rai and Alonso.

"Now, while you may have grown a lot, that doesn't mean you're close to my level," she told them.

She performs multiple hand signs and unleashes three wind spirals at them with extreme speed. The only person to see it was Alonso but his body couldn't move fast enough. They are all lifted into the air and slammed into the ground, hard.

Each of them groan as they lay on the ground. "You guys alright?" she asked her students.

"Yeah, PERFECTLY FINE," Rai shouted as he slowly got up.

"Haha, guess I overdid it," Kuzunoha said as she walked over them.

"You can say that again," Hanabi said as she stood up.

Alonso sits up and looked up at his sensei.

"But seriously guys, I am very proud. You've all have done amazing since you've become genin," she told them.

"Thanks," they all replied.

"So amazing that I recommended you all for the Chunin Exams," she told them.

"Huh?!" they all replied.

"Yeah, I met up with all of the other sensei's and the Third Hokage to discuss who they recommend for the Chunin Exams, and I recommended each of you," she told them.

"Awesome!"

"Yes!"

"Nice."

"But remember this, you don't have to take the Chunin Exams just yet. You can wait and take the exams next year," she told them.

"No wait I am waiting a year to take this exam," Rai bluntly said as he always does.

"Same here. I want to take these exams now. I know Hinata will be there and I'm not passing up a chance to face her," Hanabi added.