Chapter 4: Training

Alonso breathes slowly as his eyes open up. He was laying on his stomach as he look towards his right. He grunts as he slowly pushes himself up. His body hurts but it wasn't too bad. He cracks his neck and hears two loud cracks.

"Damn," he said while rubbing his nape.

"Finally awake," a voice inside of his head said.

Alonso places a hand on his forehead and tells the voice that had spoken to him "please, stop."

A door opens and the Uchiha turns to who came into the room. "Good, you're awake," said Kuzunoha.

"Hi," Alonso said to her.

Kuzunoha walks towards his bed and asks "how are you feeling?"

"Ok, I guess," he answered.

"Good," she said. "I'm glad you're alright."

"So am I," he replied. "What happened to that guy we fought?"

"I killed him and found out what kind of mission this is," she told him.

"What do you mean?" he asked his sensei.

"Aoi lied to us," she answered.

"Oh yeah, I remember hearing the guy we fought mentioning a high reward for Aoi's death," Alonso retorted.

"Yup. Turns out the jackass lied to us because he couldn't afford an S rank mission," she told him.

Alonso lays down on his back. "I nearly died because of that," he stated.

"I know," she said before placing a hand on his forehead. "And that's why we are leaving."

"Huh?" Alonso responded.

"There's going to be two more coming here. Powerful Ninja that I don't want you, Hanabi, or Rai facing," she told him.

"Are you sure?" Y/N asked her.

"More than sure," she answered before walking out of the room.

"Wait!" Alonso said before getting out of bed and chasing after her.

Kuzunoha leaves the house and sees Hanabi and Rai waiting. "Are you two ready?" she asked them.

"Yup," they answered.

"Kuzunoha, wait!" Alonso said while running out of the house.

"Alonso, get back in bed," she told him.

"Can I tell you something first?" he asked her.

"What is it?" she inquired.

"I want to stay!" he told her.

Kuzunoha was horribly confused and faced him. "What the hell did you just say?" she asked him.

"I want... to stay," he told her.

"Can I... can I know why?" she asked him at a loss for words.

"I want to help these people," he answered.

"Why? Why the hell would you want to stay to help them?" Kuzunoha asked.

"Because while Aoi may have lied, the people are innocent. They will kill everyone in this town just to get him. Such an unjust amount of evil makes me sick. And then leaving this town knowing what would happen, I already have trouble living as is but leaving this place knowing that would happen, I wouldn't be able to live with myself," he told her. "This is my way. My Ninja Way. I will not let harm come to these people!"

Kuzunoha stands there not sure what to say. "And neither will I!" Hanabi shouted.

"Huh?" Kuzunoha responded.