CH 02 : The One Who Stayed Up Late Night

Sixth Sense

The clock that is found in the middle of the room points towards the number two

The clock that is found in the middle of the room points towards the number two. A normal person should be fall in deep sleep but there is still another woman who is focused looking towards her laptop.

It's already 2 am Jisoo is still awake because she is busy preparing the report for the case she handled last week. Tomorrow is every last day for him to report the report so he needs to get it ready tonight. Next to the laptop was a cup of coffee, whose hot steam still seemed to flow. This has included the 3rd glass of coffee she drank to stay awake forever.

She stopped typing and massaged the back of her neck while turning her head around scanning the quiet room. The room was quite because she lived alone there as she felt more comfortable alone.

Only the sound of the ceiling fan spinning and the sound of her keyboard typing broke the silence every night.

Suddenly a rather strong wind entered the room through the window. Jisoo looked at the slightly open window and stared at it. She felt the presence of something in her house but she just shook her head. She put the cup of coffee in her hand back on the table then returned the focus to her laptop to finish her work that only had a little left before it was finished.

'Tap.'
Suddenly the room light was turned off making Jisoo sigh. When she got up from her seat to check the light switch, the light came back on making Jisoo roll her eyes. Just as her butt was about to touch the chair, the light came back off. And that is the started of the light went on and off time to time.

Jisoo lean her back on the chair while brush her long bangs that cover her eyes to the back. She groan in annoyance as she needs to finish the paper now cause she need to hand it today after the sun rise up and she don't have time for the light 'game'.

"Yah! " she yelled. For a moment, the light stopped closing and came on after she yelled as if someone was playing the light switch. When she was about to continue making her report, the lights went off again. Not only that, some items that were on her dressing table were suddenly thrown on the floor.

She saw the shadow of a little boy with no leg is standing on the corner of the room. Jisoo tries to calm herself it's not because she's scared but she does so because she feels angry, she doesn't like the presence of spirits in her house. enough that she saw them out there every day, she didn't want to see such a thing in her house either.

"Stop it before i do something that will hurt you. " As if that was a jokes, he laugh at Jisoo's warning. The laugh was loud, a kid's laugh voice fully the quiet room.

'Pling!'
"What the hell!" she yelled frustrated when her cup fall on the ground, the coffee that unfinished is spilled around the broken cup.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" as if saw her in frustrated was very funny, he laughing as he is mocking her. Jisoo walked away, walk to one direction to be correct. She grab it, the small hand that belong to a small boy that normal people can't see. His eyes was goes widen as he look at Jisoo.

"AHHHHHH!" He scream out of his lungs when Jisoo began to mumbles something on her lips while holdimg to his hand. As it was hurting him, he couldn't stop screaming in pain. "LET ME GO!" some wind brushing Jisoo's face when he yelled out loud in front of her. The smells that get out frim his mouth smell like carcass, his face changed to a scary one but Jisoo seem like didn't bother by it. She continues mumble something without breaking eyes contact with the boy.

"AHHHHHHH!" Fire suddenly appeared on his body and burn his body until he become dust and flew away. The sream slowly gone just like the dust that was gone now.

Sunlight shone on the face of a girl who was sleeping on a table with her hands which she made a pillow for her head

Sunlight shone on the face of a girl who was sleeping on a table with her hands which she made a pillow for her head. Jisoo stays up until 4 a.m. to complete her report. Jisoo opened her eyes due to the sunlight shining on her face, with half asleep she picked up her phone to see the time.

Its 10 at the morning, she yawned a few times before getting up from her seat and tidying up her desk, inserting her report papers scattered on the desk into a purple file.

Jisoo go went into the bathroom to take a shower as she finish tidying up her desk. She used a black singlet along with a black adidas sport pants and pairing with a black jeans jacket. Today she decided to use all black.

Jisoo swept a spoonful of strawberry jam over her bread and shove it into her mouth before taking her keycar and work paper to go outside. She locks up her apartment door and goes downstairs using the elevator. Jisoo reached the lobby and went to the parking lots, she put her stuff into the passenger seat settle all down before started the car drove it away to her main office at Seoul Police Station.

Jisoo enters her boss's office after knocking on the door three times, a man in his 40s who is focusing on his computer. "Mr. Kwon, here is the report of the case that I handled a week before." She said to the man named Mr Kwon or Kwon Hee Jun as the full name.

The old man raised his head to look at Jisoo before his eyes fell on the purple file, "Oh, nice. You're on time." He picked up the file and placed it on the side of his desk. "Wait, Jisoo. I have something to ask you to do." He said when he noticed Jisoo was about to step out of his office.

Jisoo stopped and looked at her boss who was looking for something in his desk drawer. He pulls out a brown file and hands it to Jisoo, she takes it with confusion. "Its the real DNA test of the little girl that was missing before. I think you know the girl because you were at the scene during the search for her body. I want you to send this DNA test to the hospital to identify the body of the girl." Jisoo open the file and have a peak on it before look at her boss, "But im not the one who handle this case?"

"The other team is busy. Since you're free, why not you go and hand it to the hospital."

"But-" "No but Jisoo, its my order." He said making Jisoo rolled her eyes.

"Tsk. You are evil, old man. You can't see me free for a second, aren't you?" Jisoo said making him laugh at her remark. Only Jisoo who dared to speak such language to Mr. Kwon because Jisoo has been working there for a long time and Mr. Kwon is also his mother's brother so he knows Jisoo very well.

"Oh Jisoo.... Im not evil..." he said while laughing.

"Whatever, old man. "

~~~~~~~~~
Its me your lazy author. Hope yall didn't forget about me lol.