05. The Wedding

Tine looked spectacular. His beauty was not merely on the surface.

He radiated strength and sophistication from within. He was effortlessly regal, dignified and altogether perfect.

He did not spare Zohrawat a single glance, though, keeping his smiles and polite nods reserved for everyone else as he walked towards them.

Tine's indifference hit Zohrawat hard, who was already questioning his self-worth as he stood in the august presence of King Dimitris.

On his part, Tine was determined to appear mature, calm and collected, something he couldn't pretend to do if he were to look at Zohrawat.

Tine had almost tripped when he'd seen Zohrawat standing by the arch. He looked unbelievably gorgeous, oozing confidence and looking every bit the Young Wolf that he was.

Tine was starting to feel the pressure of his inexperience again. So he faked his coolness and studiously avoided Zohrawat's eye as he approached the Faateh.

"His Highness Prince Vincentine, the younger son of late King Dominus the Third and his wife, late Queen Elena" announced Lady Airova, her pride in Tine evident in her voice.

Tine bowed to the King and took his place opposite Zohrawat under the arch.

Zohrawat swallowed and cleared his throat, which had grown parched all of a sudden.

Tine turned his eyes to him for a quick glance. Zohrawat found all thought driven from his mind, occupied wholly and completely as it was by the prince who stood before him.

"His Highness Crown Prince Valentype was regretfully taken ill earlier today and will not be able to join us" mentioned Lady Airova.

Hafza was clearly smitten by the handsome prince. She bowed to him with a smart salute, bringing her right fist to her heart.

"Prince Vincentine, we are honoured to meet you. Allow us to introduce ourselves.

I'm Adjutant General Hafza, the Chief Administrative Officer of the Faateh Army. I'm here on behalf of Field Marshal Badulf.

Accompanying me today are Elder Keyan, Commander Arman and Commander Bosavar."

Tine nodded at each of them in turn. "Welcome to Phaedra" he greeted them, with a sweet smile.

Zohrawat scowled. Hafza had forgotten all about him as she blushed prettily.

"I'm Wat" he said loudly out of the blue, having finally found speech again.

Tine was taken aback. He'd been prepared to call him General Zohrawat all his life.

The Faateh were equally stunned, as evidenced by Bosavar's jaw dropping open. Hafza cursed under her breath as she realized her mistake.

Tine tilted his head in acknowledgment and looked away quickly, but his cheeks grew pink and a shy smile played on his lips.

Wat felt as though he would never tire of making Tine blush. He was flustered by the thought and chose to vent by glaring sternly at a grinning Hafza instead.

The evening had grown steadily darker and dusk was upon them. The Wolf Moon was rising, large and silver.

Lady Airova organized the witnesses - the four Faateh and the four Phaedrans - in a circle around the grooms.

King Dimitris took his place at the head of the circle, beneath the arch, facing Zohrawat and Vincentine who stood side by side.

He smiled kindly at the nervous young couple that stood before him.