Chapter 16: The presents they deserved

A week had passed since the High Elves left alongside the Freya executives. My famillia went into the dungeon four times and each time we came back with a great haul and Argo and Preto leveled up to level 4 and cathryn was going to need at least two more weeks before she could level up. Me and Artemis were talking and then we got onto the subject that everyone's weapons were starting to break (except mine of course).

So me and Artemis started to walk towards where Hephaestus lives we knocked on her door and she came out to see who it was and she saw us she let us in. We cut to the chase and we asked her if she could make two swords that could channel magic alongside a spear that could do the same, two katanas and a magic staff, She agreed and she said it would cost us 750 million Valis I opened baylon and took out every last penny i had and i was 10 million short that was when artemis came in and saved me she just had ten million we paid Hephaestus, she told us to come come back in a week.

Artemis left and went home while I went to the dungeon to try make back some of the money i had spent, when i was finished i went to the guild and cashed in all of my drops i had made 3 million back but it was not enough, I then went to the entertainment district where i surprisingly found bell with three other guys, they invited me to join them and i accepted, we then went to the biggest casino and we started gambling bell hit a home run and he got 687 million valis. So I decided to test my luck. I started and I was hitting home runs after home runs at the end when i started to feel that my luck was going to run out i stopped playing i had gotten a astronomical amount 426 billion valis. 

It was now very late at night me and Bell decided to hire a single room that had two beds it cost us four million valis it was a very nice room the Casino gave us. We went to sleep and when we awoke we saw something we were not expecting a bunch of maids sitting at the table in the room, when the maids saw we were awake they started to undress the two of us we started to back but they grabbed us and carried on undressing us till we where nude they then just tied a towel around our waists and they dragged us to huge open bathing area. They left us there and they left, we then started to wash ourselves and when we were finished we excited the bath, the maids started to dress us in new clothes and they passed the both of us two bags, one bag holding all of our clothes that we wore the previous night and a bag that had a bunch of commodities including a bottle of Soma wine and other things. We then left the building and went our separate ways to our homes. 

When i got back to the manor i received an earful from Artemis and then Preto and Argo started to pester me in a dirty voice asking where i was the whole night, i then replied “In the pleasure district.” Ryuu almost fainted alongside Cathryn, the two guys started laughing but then Artemis said i was lying, i then looked at her with a sad voice and i then said “You ruined my joke on them.” then artemis replied back “that's not a very funny joke, but where were you last night?” this time i told them the truth.

I then went to the Hephaestus familia and i found the captain of the famillia i then asked her if she could make 6 Identical knives that had the artemis famillia crest on it made from adamantite, To which she agreed and then i asked her if she could make me a chestplate from adamantite and behemoth hide to which she also agreed she then told me it would be in total 100 million valis to which i paid her straight away she then told me the knifes would be ready in two days and the chestplate would take a extra three days, i thanked her then i left.

A week had now passed. I quickly went to Tsubaki to receive all the items and then to Hephaestus to collect everything, and I then returned back to the manor before anyone noticed I was gone. I went out and greeted everyone then Artemis called me to go to her, i ran to her room and she then asked me if i had received everything from Hephaestus to which i nodded and handed her all the weapons excudding the knives. We then left the room and headed to the lounge where everyone was, Artemis told everyone to gather around her and everyone did while i stood next to her, She then gave everyone their presents everyone was surprised and excited, they all thanked Artemis and it was now my turn to surprise them, I gave them all the the knives and they all thanked me.