Chapter 22: "It". What is "It"

We were now finally on floor 22 when a dragon jet black with red lines covering its body and it had 6 wings, each wing easily over 50 meters long, this monster was massive it was slightly bigger than the Behemoths child.

When the monster saw us it went ballistic, trying Everything to try and get to us by breathing black flames that are destroying the dungeon like it is nothing. This Dragon made the four of us feel pure terror, It’s raw strength dwarfed that of any monster rex in the Unexplored zone we had fought. this thing was on Par with the three Calamities. The five of us fell to our knees when the beast saw us.

In Folkvangr sat both Freya and Loki and their Executives watching the five in the dungeon, then the Dragon appeared. Everyone in the room gasped when they saw the five Adventures fall to their knees in pure terror. Finn spoke up First “We need to get to floor 22 straight away, we need to save them.” Ottar replied “There is no saving, if we go down there we will all die, if two level 7’s that skilled what i could only estimate as a level 13 monster and they are cowering in fear to this monster, it could only mean that the dragon is on par with the three calamities.” Everyone in the room paled and they continued watching.

I was on my Knees looking at the beast in fear but I then spoke up in a shaky voice “Are we just going to give up, and die for nothing or are we going to fight and become legends!” The four looked at me and they yelled “We aren't going down with a fight.” we all got up and we charged the rampaging dragon.

As we charged the monster the air around became extremely hot but we pushed through, ignoring the heat from the flames. We hacked and slashed the monster. All of us went full out, we had all of our abilities active. Babylon was constantly firing weapons at the beast but we were literally doing almost no damage to the beast. We fought the beast but we knew we were going to die, but to my surprise it happened again. We leveled up but even the level up didn’t make us feel confident.

I understood how the Zeus and Hera famillia’s had killed beasts comparable to this from only one simple reason: they had a army of level 5’s, 6’s, 7’s… but it was just us five. The dragon rampaged around when i suddenly saw an opportunity I was able to slice off two of its wings but the price for doing so was Preto. My Dark Elf friend was skewered. He was killed by one of the dragons' skills. Time ran not even my curse was doing anything anymore, it was able to cut my flesh.

The four of us carried on with our barrage of attacks; we were able to rid the beast of all of its wings but that also took Argo’s and bells life. So our choices were looking near impossible until to my Surprise Riko Chanted something. He ran at the beast and he caused an ignus featus which was large enough to destroy 8 whole floors. As the smoke cleared the dragon still stood but it’s two front arms were ripped off and the beast's mouth was charred.

I started to laugh hysterically as I watched the dragon carry on fighting, I let go of my control and I became a dragon myself.

I had now transformed into my full draconic form, i was still nowhere as close to that monster in size and strength but my strength and all my other states got buffed quite a lot. I was now also going on a rampage against the beast, I bit slashed, breathed purgatorial flames, let my weapons fly at the beast, I was only now sort of a even match but i was still had a very big disadvantage, but i carried on with my slashing and biting.

Our battle raged on for almost thirty minutes when I did it. I flew straight back to the beast after it had knocked me against the wall, I Bit down on the beast's neck with extreme force with no intent of letting go. While I was biting the dragon's neck it ripped off my wings with a single bite.

The pain of my wings being ripped off was the most painful experience i had ever felt but i kept my grip on the dragon's neck, I was now gaining more leverage With my bite, i was applying more force every second, then it happened I had torn the beast’s neck from it’s body, but as i ripped the beast neck of its body I was skewered through by the beasts last effort attack…

With that I died again…

Or so I thought!