7. Gods and Necromancy

The moment the three undead rose from the ground Kelnar touched the circlet. Only for Revio to experience what initially scared Kelnar, but it didn't go away when he let go of the circlet. Thavin decided to ignore his weakened state and stood in front of everyone for defence.
 „Step down, this is a matter for a necromancer to handle," Kelnar's voice was firm and determined. Thavin withdrew behind Kelnar, who pushed Revio behind himself. Before the undead could attack they fell to the ground, as Kelnar raised his hand and then lowered it, the undead listening to his command. After that Kelnar lifted his hand again, raising a strange being. It took Thavin a moment to recognise the being as Luminus, but when he did, his eyes opened wide.
 Necromancer took to running away, somehow, shouting, „this isn't the last time you see me!"
Kelnar waited for everything to settle, before looking at Luminus. Luminus turned, as if he had his own consciousness, which he had to, given how Kelnar reacted, „do you have a purpose?"
 „Yes," Luminus spoke, Thavin was sure it had to be Luminus, but Luminus has not seen him yet, „where is he?"
 Kelnar blinked and looked at the people around him„"he"? Who are you talking about?"
 „I'm here, Luminus," Thavin stepped out from behind Kelnar. Luminus smiled at him, before placing a hand on his chest, where his heart would be.
 „Eat it," a simple command and Luminus fell to the group and turned to mist of dust. Thavin, who reluctantly took the Heart of Elemental, was sure that that is what the heart is, the heart Luminus used to have.
 The fact was what made Thavin wonder aloud, „did Luminus tear his heart out when the darkness was taking over him, so that way he couldn't fall completely?"
 „That sounds possible, when we get to Elemental Forest we'll have to ask Augur if it could be true," replied Larrel and slightly jumped when Athel's Grimoire flew up, pages flapping, until it closed shut on them. It seems not even Yarus knows what the heart is about. Virion took the Diary to look through it, nothing suggests that there is anything about Elementals. In fact most words in the Diary are illegible and smudged into oblivion.
 „Well, that is of no use in this matter if I'm looking correctly," said Virion and closed the book. The book didn't stay closed for long. It did what Grimoire of Yarus does, flipped to a page where the words cleared. Virion was surprised to say the least, „alright, I guess it is of use in this matter,
„'Elementals are beings of pure energy, do not need to eat, drink and their need for sleep is nearly nonexistent. Should Elemental be corrupted, their hearts would explode and destroy anything in half a mile radius from the Elemental.'"
 The heart made sense now. Luminus did his best to protect the Sister Temple, even if it was painful. Thavin looked at them, „let's just get going before I have to take a sip of that Tonic."

 The group left for Burkhard's forge. Thavin had to take a sip of the Tonic half way to the forge anyway, nobody really wanted to cary him into town, although Kelnar would have done it if Revio asked him to. Soon they made it into town. Although Revio and Kelnar wanted to split from them, they decided not to. Revio was in dire need for new gear. Burkhard was smithing when they entered his smithy. Burkhard quickly stopped shaping what seemed to be a hammer head for a Polehammer. He showed the hammerhead into the heat of his forge. Taking off his glowes and wiping his hands into his apron he turned to them, „I see you are in good health."
 „Don't count your chickens before they are hatched, I am extremely exhausted," replied Thavin and leaned onto a table. Burkhard nodded in acknowledgement and turned his attention to Revio and Kelnar.
 Burkhard looked the two up and down, slightly confused, „I see, and who may the new faces be?"
 „I am Revio and this is Kelnar," introduced them Revio. Kelnar gave a nod, only to turn to look outside when he heard a horse walking outside. Revio nudged Kelnar a bit, „what's wrong?"
 „It's nothing, I just needed to reassure myself," said quickly Kelnar and looked back at Revio, before turning to Burkhard.
 „I see, I heard the name Kelnar earlier today, a Drow mercenary of sorts was looking for a Lord Kelnar Silverwell of Ablia," said Burkhard, making Kelnar look to the side for a moment. It clicked for the players. Kelnar must have ran away from his family.
 „Kelnar, it's okay, nobody will hold it against you, what is wrong? Is the crest of your family the crest of Ablia? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, we won't hold it against you," Revio tried to calm Kelnar down and gave him a chance to speak if he needed.
 „Alright, I," Kelnar stopped and took a deep breath, „I am Kelnar Silverwell, but please do not tell anyone, I can't return home, to Ablia, right now, I did something terrible by accident and if I try to explain to my father why it happened I would be executed on the spot."
 „I'll try to keep it under wraps as long as I can, but the Drow seemed more concerned and anxious than angry and hostile, I heard a rumour about the Lord of Ablia being bedridden by a strange illness," said Burkhard and turned to the rest of the adventurers, „as for your reward, I'll fetch it for you."
 „Burkhard, before you go, Revio is in need of new weapons," said Athel, before Burkhard left.
 „And what are you looking for?"
 „Daggers, Knives, Short Swords," responded Revio and pulled up his class tree. Burkhard nodded and waited a little, „anything bladed that can be juggled really."
 „A Knife Juggler, I see," responded Burkhard. Revio closed the class tree.
 „Sword Dancer," was all Revio said to make Burkhard shake his head in disbelief.
 „I think I heard wrong, did you seriously just say Sword Dancer?"
 „I did," responded Revio and Burkhard had to look him up and down before leaving to bring what they asked for.
 Thavin dropped to the floor, exhaustion penalty must've kicked in at that moment, „is it the build you were excited about on our way here?"
 „Yes, it is the best Combo based DPS in the game, yet no one plays it and in turn no guides on how to build it except what is being recommended in the Class Tree," explained Revio and looked at Kelnar, who was admiring some armour, not paying attention to them for a moment.
 „That's a shame, I know ToF is out for only two months, but still, that's a lot of wasted potential not giving Sword Dancer a try," said Larrel and examined his spear, it looked really damaged from all the monsters. Thavin's sword and armour weren't much better.
 Virion looked at his stained robe and where Thavin and Larrel stood, „Larrel, Thavin, what is the state of your gear? Is it about to break or not even a point down?"
 „Like half way down, those undead got really good hits on me," Thavin responded first, it made sense as to why he had it so damaged, he took the most damage out of the whole party.
 Larrel looked at what state his gear is in, „just a quarter down for my spear, otherwise the damage is very low on my armour."
 „I have a question as well, why is my Mana Pool labeled with question marks," asked Revio looking at his sheet, while waiting for Burkhard to return.
 „That's because you haven't chosen a religion, Magic system here is based on your religion, but since you don't have a religion your MP has no name, me, Virion, Larrel and Athel use the name Marus for our MP because we follow Northern Pantheon of Araplanity," explained Thavin, just before Burkhard returned.
 „Well here you go," Bukrhard handed them their reward and placed some bladed weapons on the table for Revio to look through. Revio took a good look at the blades and prices. Revio lifted a short sword to examine the blade.
 „These weapons are exponential, but I have nearly no money on my person at the moment," says Revio with regret in his voice.
 Kelnar placed a hand on Revio's shoulder, „that's okay, I'll pay."
 Revio looked at him, „is it really okay with you? I don't want to be a burden, y'know?"
 „Don't worry about it," responded Kelnar and smiled. Revio eased up a bit. He ended up choosing two pairs of knives, pair of daggers and a pair of short swords.
 „Burkhard, do you mind if I stay for a while? I don't think I can move," asked Thavin, trying to get up, but couldn't.
 „I don't mind, now then, how about you set out to search for Augur tomorrow? I'll try to get you a map or two in the meantime," responded Burkhard, the AI must really want them to go search for Augur, is he important for the continuation of the questline they created? Probably.
 „We'll meet you here tomorrow morning then, me and Kelnar have some shopping to do," said Revio and he and Kelnar left for The Mage Needle.