9. Saviour of Light Elemental

Soon the party, joined by Astaltis and without Revio and Kelnar, got to The Legion Headquarters and were greeted by Igneous, „please come this way."
Igneous quickly shunned them into the building and then leads them to a room with closed doors. He knocked on the door. He was let in by a voice the group (save Augur and Astaltis) never heard before. As Igneous was opening the door he spoke, „Grand Prior, they have arrived."
„Thank you, Igneous, go regroup with everyone and prepare the participants for the initiation," said Grand Prior, „and please, what state is Mortus in?"
„Barely conscious, but he'll live," said Igneous, „it indeed is a nasty wound. I think he'll recover in a month or so."
„I hear you speak of someone badly injured, and I know you might not think highly of me but still, I am a priest and willing to give my all to help," Virion said immediately. He trusted that someone will back his claim up.
„I can attest to this," Augur was the one to speak, „had they not helped me I wouldn't be here today."
Grand Prior looked at Virion with consideration, before glancing at Thavin, whom the group had no view of. Then he looked back, „well then, do what you can."
„Come, I'll show you the way," Igneous asked Virion to follow. Virion gave his friends a nod before following Igneous, leaving the rest alone with Grand Prior and Thavin.
„I assume you heard the rumours," Grand Prior was careful with the subject.
„We heard something," admitted Athel and glanced at Astaltis, „it was Astaltis who told us."
„I heard there was a Drow and a nature spirit with you," started Prior, „where are they?"
„The Nature Spirit is a bard and the Drow has fallen in love, can't seperate them, we tried," answered Larrel, only to realise that Augur has left as well, „and Augur's where?"
„Probably went with Igneous and the priest to check on his brother, Mortus," explained Prior. Thavin had to say something the group didn't hear, because he turned to him.
„That is reasonable," said Athel and nodded, before changing the subject, „so, can we see Thavin?"
„Yes, I was about to take my leave," said Prior before getting up and leaving. Athel noticed something off about him.
„This will sound crazy but," started carefully Athel, „Grand Prior might be using glamour to hide his real appearance, any guesses as to why that might be?"
„He mentioned his kind being hunted," said Thavin, not looking at them, clearly shaking.
„Is it the heart," asked Larrel, „or your nerves?"
„Both," answered Thavin before gasping in pain. Astaltis came to his side and kneeled down next to him.
„It's okay, it'll pass," said calmly Astaltis before making a silent prayer. Larrel and Athel joined him with prayers of their own. Thavin reached a break in the transformation and his avatar fell unconscious onto the table.

Igneous reached a door to the infirmary. He turned to the two behind him, „he's in there, I don't have a permission to enter, but the two of you do."
Virion nodded and reached for the door knob. He stopped hovering his hand above it for a moment before opening the door. He entered first with Augur close behind. Mortus layed on a single bed, with several healers around him. Virion realised that even in that number they had a hard time because their mana pools were not large enough. Augur slowly came to them, „Grand Prior allowed an outside priest to help."
The healers whispered amongst themselves before letting Virion help. Virion got to his knees next to the bed and looked over the wound. It would take his entire Marus he had to heal Mortus but that was what he did. Hands placed above the wound, Virion channeled his Marus into a strong healing spell. Soon he noticed his Marus being near zero and Mortus barely better. Then his focus got even sharper, noting every part of the wound and sending what remains of his Marus into it. Sharp pain shot through Virion's body as half his health points became his mana points. It didn't stop him from healing and the wound inflicted on Mortus started to get better a lot more quickly. Virion only stopped when his Marus dropped to zero.

Congratulations! You gained a new skill!
I'll die for you!
Effect: if your HP is above 85% and your MP is below 15%, you can sacrifice HP until your health hits 50%, restoring your MP to the same amount of sacrificed HP.