12. Muddy Road to Ablia

After a few sessions of travel the party, now called Blackglade Stargazers, how they came to the name is a story for another day, crossed the border to Ablia. It was indeed snowy and cold, just like Kelnar said, it was good that Thavin practiced his sowing skill during the journey. They were nearing their destination, or so Kelnar claims. Athel looked up ahead, „is it just me or are those people chasing a minstrel?"
 When the rest looked up they saw exactly what Athel described. Revio recognised the minstrel and so did Kelnar. The minstrel ran behind Revio and hid as the angry crowd yelled, „never come back, you're not that good anyway!"
 Virion looked at the crowd in surprise and snapped into character, „please, let us come through, it is important and our time is limited."
 „Shut up, priest, you are not going through unless that bard behind the spirit leaves," a Drow replied, they were all drows, but Virion knew better than to treat them all the same.
 „Please, it concerns the Lords of Ablia, we must come through," Virion tried to reason with the crowd the best he could without blowing the lid of off the true identity of Kelnar.
 Revio decided to join the cause, „please, High Priest Virion is correct, we must reach the Lord in time, and I am sure my friend has friends that are worried for him waiting."
 „Revio is correct, we must, with all my dignity I ask you to let us pass," Virion spoke with the most distress he could to sway the opinion of the crowd, not using his now revealed status actively.
 „If it is so important then by all means," the crowd dispersed slowly and let them go with the most reluctance Blackglade Stargazers seen so far.

 Blackglade Stargazers entered a small town, more of a village really, and looked around. Kelnar grabbed Revio by the arm and hurried to the mansion at the other side of the town, shouting to the others, „I'll have somebody meet you as soon as I have the chance to send them, I assure you the reward will be worth the trouble!"
 The minstrel they picked up on the way just stared in confusion and looked at the players around him, „you are? Where do you know Revio from?"
 „Blackglade Stargazers if it rings any bells," Thavin replied with a sly smirk, „Revio is my brother in real life, got my previous character even."
 „Oh, I have heard of Blackglade, yes," the bard was too surprised to even think about the name of their group, „I am Harlan of Songbird Choir, pleased to meet you."
 „Athel, Chosen of Yarus, second in charge of Blackglade," Athel smiled with an odd dark undertone.
 „High Priest Virion of Eher," Virion bowed his head slightly and waited for everyone else to introduce themselves.
 The group would continue their introductions but Illyss made it to them sooner and spoke in a somewhat agitated manner, „apologies for the untimely interruption it is urgent, Lord Istorin's condition is worsening rapidly..."
 „I understand, please, lead the way," Virion interrupted Illyss quickly and apologised to his friends before taking off with Illyss.

 Illyss brought Virion to a door and opened it for Virion to enter. Virion gave Illyss a nod in thanks and entered the room. First thing Virion saw was Revio standing a bit away from Kelnar hugging a clearly older Drow, not old old, but next to Kelnar lord Istorin has had clearly lived for longer. Virion patted Revio's back with a reassuring smile and made his way to tap Kelnar on his shoulder. Kelnar slowly backed away from his father, „father, I know High Priest Virion, he'll do his best to help you."
 „High Priest, I am afraid there is nothing you can do, it's way too late now," Istorin shook his head but let Virion cast a diagnostic spell, which made Virion frown with worry, „it has to be Strangler's Grasp, I am amazed it took so long to take hold, but it's acting unnaturally fast."
 „There is an antidote, I can make it for You, it isn't too late yet," Virion replied and checked his information, he's correct, but there is something strange Virion noticed.
 „I already had it, five days ago," Istorin replied and was a bit startled when Virion casted another diagnostic spell, „what is going on?"
 „Lord, this is not Strangler's Grasp, I am not sure what this poison is, but I know it has to have an antidote," Virion frowned as he tried to recall all the poisons he has read about on the game's wiki, „I think it may be either Divine Venom or Infernal Kiss, both of which share an antidote."
 Istorin jerked away from Virion in surprise, „Divine Venom? Infernal Kiss?! Impossible, the cold weather of Ablia neutralises these poisons!"
 „Which is why it took so long, but, as Kelnar told me and my companions, after the accident in which You were injured Your health started to decline so fast and the poison started doing what is was made to do," Virion replied and started going through his satchels in order to make sure he had the ingredients needed for the antidote, frowning when he realised he does not, „I lack some, fairly crucial, ingredients, and they are not found in Ablia."
 „Name them, perhaps Karnan has purchased them in the past," Istorin said as he looked at a portrait at a near wall. It depicts Kelnar, Istorin and another Drow which Virion assumes is Karnan.
 „Flame Lily, extract from Infernal Lotus and a leaf of Frost Fright," Virion replied slowly, letting Istorin think if he heard of these.
 „I am not aware of Karnan purchasing a leaf of Frost Fright, but there is one tree growing not that far away," Istorin answered Virion with a pained expression, „I would call him if I knew he could come."
 „Karnan is a regent while you recover, but he should have time to see you," Kelnar spoke abruptly bringing attention to him and Revio still being in the room.
 „Kelnar, you were away for a long time, during that time Karnan injured his leg and has difficulty walking, not even the best priests out there can cure him," Istorin replied solemnly and shook his head, „Illyss!"
 Illyss entered the room short after being called, „my lord, what do you need?"
 „Please, show High Priest Virion the way to Karnan's study," Istorin said calmly, noticing how Kelnar made his way over to Illyss with Virion and Revio about to follow them, „Revio, was it? I would appreciate it if you stayed a bit longer."
 „Oh, yes, of course," Revio nodded with a small smile and came over to the bed while Kelnar and Revio followed Illyss.