Chapter 5

M i k h a

"Why are you crying?" I panicked when I saw her crying. Is it out of joy? Is she sad? Is she worried?

"It's just... melts my heart." she answered. "I just love hearing it from you, it makes me wanna cry." She said in between her sobs. Humarap ako sa kaniya at idinikit ang mga palad sa magkabilang pisngi niya. I gently wiped away her tears before holding her hands again and continued walking.

"I will never get tired of praying for you, Love. God already answered me when I asked her to give me you, I will forever thank Him for that and I will continue asking Him for your welfare." I told her as we walked on that empty street. Kami lang dalawa, habang nag-aagawan ang liwanag at dilim.

"Me also, palagi kong ipagdarasal na sana palagi kang masaya because you deserve it." She replied.

"Masaya ako as long as nandito ka sa tabi ko, Love. With you by my side, I couldn't ask for more." I said. "Anyway, I have something to show you, tara na para hindi tayo masyadong gabihin since may class bukas."

She nodded at me before we continued walking towards my little surprise for her.

"May pakulo ka na naman 'no?" She joked on our way. I just shrugged to give her no idea. We walked past our old high school and the eatery where we spent time earlier.

Amusement was evident to her face when she saw the whole place itself. It was the old playground where we used to play and date after our classes.

I asked our friends to set up a romantic dinner. G naman agad sina Gwen sa pag-aayos ng pakulo kong ito. Me, too, was surprised with the setup. Talagang nag-effort sina Sheena, Stacey at Gwen para dito. They put fairy lights around a tree and beside it was a circular dinner table for two. Rose petals were scattered all around the place. May nakahanda na ring bouquet ng pink and red roses but the food isn't there yet.

Aiah was in shock. Her mouth is half open and I could help but laugh a little with her reaction. She was about to say something but I received a call from Gwen so I immediately answered it.

"I hope you like the set up, 'yong talent fee namin ha?" bungad niya.

"Yeah fine, whatever." I replied.

"Thank you ha?" She sarcastically said which made me chuckle.

"Thanks, but where's the food?" I asked. "'Di ba sinabi ko sa inyong tapusin ang set up before the clock strike 6."

"Pinadala ko na diyan. Hindi niyo naman gugustuhing kumain ng na-expose sa hangin 'di ba?" As soon as she answered, Sheena came with the food and place it on the table.

Kumindat pa ito kay Aiah na hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin makapaniwala.

"Oh siya, enjoy your date. Don't forget the talent fee! Love you!" Gwen said before hanging up the call. She didn't even let me reply to her.

"So..." I feel like it was our first date because of the nervousness that I'm feeling. The air seems freezing kahit na hindi naman talaga. "Shall we?"

Inilahad ko ang palad ko at inabot niya naman ito kaagad. We walked for a few steps to get near to the dinner table. I let her sit on the chair first before proceeding to mine. I'm smiling all the way as I give her the bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you," she said as soon as she received it. "That's all I can say. Thank you for all the things you have done for me, love."

"Always, my love." I replied while leaning towards her and giving her a kiss on her forehead.

"But you don't always have to do things like this. You never get tired of making me feel loved, that's more than enough for me. Hindi mo na kailangang gumastos at mag-effort ng ganito kasi ramdam ko palagi, mahal ko."