Chapter 9

M i k h a

"Love, matagal ka pa ba diyan?" I told her. She has been in her walk-in closet for about 30 minutes now, nakapag-draft na nga ako ng one page-introduction ng essay na ipapasa ko next week and she's still not done with her wardrobe yet.

"I couldn't find the top I'm supposed to wear kasi!" She shouted from the inside. "I just placed it here... I don't know kung nasaan na." I can hear the irritation in her voice. I can even imagine her pouting. Hays, Aiah, how can you be so naturally cute?

"Love, just wear anything! Medyo malayo pa ang biyahe natin, baka maubusan tayo ng oras." I told her.

"Okay, sorry to make you wait!"

After about 5 minutes, she went out of her closet and I couldn't help but stare at her in awe.

"It took you a lot of time finding the top you were supposed to wear even if you look so stunning in every attire. So gorgeous, love." That's not even a complement, I'm just being honest.

"Remember the crocheted cardigan your Mom gave me as a gift last christmas? She said it suits so well during an amusement park date, so I figured out that it was my best option for today. It's my first time wearing it and I want to send Tita a pic of me wearing her masterpiece. I thought I already got that ready last night, but I can't find it. It's so frustrating!" I can't help but chuckle while hearing her rant. She gently nudged my arm which made me laugh even more. Pikon.

"Why are you laughing ba?" She asked, with her eyebrows almost meeting each other.

"Uhm maybe because the cardigan that you've been seeking for about 30 minutes is literally on your bed?" I said, preventing myself from laughing harder. She's just so adorable.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Embarrassment is evident from her face. "I hate you!"

"No, you don't." I mocked her.

Because of that, we exchanged endless banter with each other until we both couldn't stop laughing.

"I miss this," I said.

" You miss what?" she asked, baffled with my sudden statement.

"This, us just laughing together. The past months were the month of confusions, crying, and romantic surprises para makabawi. I barely remember the last time we were just laughing like this." I explained, opening up the thoughts in my head because this is how we used to.

"Yeah, I miss this too." She nodded.

"Love..." I uttered. Trying to assess if I should say the next words of my supposed question. "Are you still confused about... your feelings for me? It has been more or less than 2 months?"

"Love... this supposed to be a happy day, right? We should enjoy this! I'll just change my top with the cardigan."

She went inside her closet, bringing the cardigan with her and leaving my question unanswered. I just shook my head to release the thought of the question. Tama naman siya, this was supposed to be an enjoyable date and I shouldn't ruin the mood. I just can't help but wonder sometimes.

She went out wearing the cardigan as if I had asked nothing earlier. She clung her arms around mine as we walked outside her house. Kumalas lang siya noong sumakay na kami sa sasakyan. She was smiling from ear to ear and I can't help but smile, too.

"The final exam was really hard..." Along our way, she's just telling what happened during the previous weeks. Last week is our finals, that's why this date is a breather after all the struggles we've faced individually in school.

Her eyes sparkled the moment we reached our destination. She held my hand then ran, dragging me with her. Hindi na ako nakaangal at sumabay na lang sa galaw niya. Bumitaw siya sa'kin at nagpaikot-ikot doon. I took out my camera and made a few clicks, capturing the beautiful moment.

"Let's ride the carousel first!" She said.

"That's really your favorite ride," I murmured. "You're such a kiddie. Cute."

I was just taking photos of her while we were trying different rides. I just took a video of us during the roller coaster ride since her grip in my right hand was so tight. She was just shouting all the time when we were on that ride. Pakiramdam ko ay nabasag na ang eardrums ko.

It was a long day and the stars are actually coming out, but we did not feel any tiredness at all. In fact, Aiah was so happy she kept on dancing like a child. We decided to sit on a bench first while eating cotton candies. For the nth time, I placed my camera in front of her, then captured one more picture of her.

"Love, I'm so happy today! Thank you!" She said, grinning so wide..

"You're welcome, love. Anything to make you happy, always." I replied.

"This is the best rest after almost 3 weeks of preparing for the finals and facing the finals itself. Let's make the most out of it. We have one more ride to go! Tara?" She stood up and offered her hand for me to hold it. I took it and held her hand tightly.

We walked towards the direction of the ride we're about to try next. We both know that this will be the last ride for the day. In fact, it's our favorite of them all. The ferris wheel.

"Naalala ko dati, you were so scared to ride this one kahit na na-try mo na 'yong roller coaster, eh mas nakakatakot kaya 'yon." I told her while we were on the waiting line which made her put her palms in her face out of embarrassment.

"Oh please don't make me remember. I really thought that it will stack up once we get to the peak because I have watched multiple movies with that event."

"Haha, I could still remember your face during that..." I stopped for a while since it was our turn to ride in the cabin. "During that time that I told you that we were gonna ride the Ferris wheel." I finished.

"That was... our second anniversary, right?" She asked and I nodded. "Time really flew so fast."

"Yes and while we are together, I want to make the most out of it." I said.

She giggled, "you're starting to get romantic again. I'm not complaining, though."

"It's the Ferris wheel. There's something in this ride that makes the atmosphere romantic, duh."

The ride ended and so our date for today. The moment we rested our backs in the car's seat, we felt the tiredness of our feet. It was tiring, yes, but fulfilling. I am happy and I will forever be just as long as she's here with me.