Chapter 7

A i a h

"Sheena," she looked in my direction as I called her. She was on her way out of the cafeteria when I found her.

"Aiah! Si Miks?" She automatically looked in every direction looking for my girlfriend.

"She's at the library right now. Sinadya ko siyang iwan doon because I have a favor to ask you that shouldn't be known by her." I told her. "If that's alright with you."

"Hmm, medyo interesting and suspicious ha." She teased me. "Okay, ears on you."

"I am planning to surprise Miks kasi, you know, to know that I appreciate everything she did for me."

She smirked, "sabi ko nga interesting eh. Hays, when kaya? So, how am I gonna help?"

"Since kayo ang madalas na kasama ni Miks beside me, I want you to keep an eye on her during the preparation. You have to make sure that she won't notice anything regarding the surprise."

Tumangu-tango siya, "sounds easy."

"Also, you'll be the one to accompany her papunta as a venue. I'll be asking one of my colleagues to act for me and it will be a guy. Dapat makita ni Miks na magkasama kami near the parking lot and then you guys will initiate to follow us." I explained.

"Ang dali, wala na bang mas hihirap?" I chuckled.

"So, you're in?"

"Anything for you and Miks, malakas kaya kayo sa'kin."

I smiled at her, "thanks, Shee. Sabihan mo na lang sina Gwen and Stacey, ha? Baka hindi ko sila makita around campus today or kung makita man, baka kasama niyo si Miks. Speaking of, I need to head back to the library baka naghihintay na 'yon."

Maloi, Jhoanna and I are sitting in our armchairs while eating the snacks we bought outside the school earlier. Break time and we chose to eat snacks inside the classroom since umiiwas nga kami kay Miks today. I haven't texted her all day kaya malamang napa-paranoid na 'yon.

"Girl, kanina pa tunog nang tunong 'yang phone mo. Wala ka ba talagang planong sagutin ang tawag ni Mikha?" Jhoanna asked before taking a bite to her sandwich.

"As much as I want to, I can't sabotage myself. Mikha will immediately know if I am hiding something from her. She knows me very much that she'll understand everything just from a simple gesture of mine. I can't ruin my own plan, you know."

"Okay, I just hope that your choice of not contacting her would be the greatest hindrance of this plan. Baka imbis na ma-touch ay magalit pa siya sa'yo sa hindi pagre-reply sa mga texts niya." Maloi said.

"Mikha's not like that, as if you do not know." I defended her.

"Joke lang naman," Maloi nudged my elbow. "Anyway, the staff said that everything's fine na raw."

"Okay, that's great. Let me just talk to Rey about the act later."

I went out of the classroom. Nakita ko ang blockmate kong si Rey na nakasandal sa may railings at nagme-memorize ata no'ng tula para sa recitation namin sa Lit.

"Hey," I greeted him.

"Lover girl," pang-aasar niya so I chuckled a little.

"Your girlfriend's on her way here. Look at the part of the hallway near the stairs," he said while pretending that we were having a fun conversation.

I laughed a little before replying, "she went back downstairs."

Nice one, Aiah, now Mikha seems to be really jealous. You chose a great actor, huh?