News Drop

Lincoln POV
It was a chaotic morning in the Loud House. One because it happens everyday, second because it was Saturday. Everyone was doing what you would expect them to be doing; Lori was texting, Leni was making dresses, Luna was seeing how loud she could play, Luan was perfecting her ventriloquism, Lynn Jr. was exercising, Lucy was writing a poem, Lola and Lana were having a tea party, Lisa was conducting a new experiment, and Lily was napping. I was laying on my bed bed reading the latest Ace Savvy comic when Lori opened my door.
Lori: Hey twerp, mom and dad want us downstairs on the couch. They have an important announcement

Lincoln: Do you know what it is

Lincoln: Nope. They said they want everyone to hear at once. Now get dressed and get downstairs.

I grabbed one of my many orange polos and jeans, and made my way downstairs. Everyone had already taken their seats on the couch, so I reluctantly sat on the floor.

No one's POV
"Kids, this is going to be a big announcement, and it's going to impact our family." Rita said

"Negatively or positively?" Said Lori

"Positively." Rita said

"Dang it" Lucy exclaimed.

"Get on with it, I was in the middle of an important tea party." Lola said.

Lynn Sr. starts "Okay, okay, well me and your mom have always wanted to do this, but we've never gotten the opportunity until now. So we finally decided-"

"ARE WE GETTING A SECOND BATHROOM" Luan interrupted

"I wish." The parents said in unison.

"What me and your father have decided to do is adopt." Rita said

The silence spoke volumes. The house hasn't been this quiet in years. You could hear a pen drop it was so quiet, until the inevitable eruption happened.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." The kids yelled.

"OMG OMG I have to call Bobby." Lori announces

"Before we continue with our excitement, I have a small inquiry. Where do you expect our soon-to-be sibling to sleep" Lisa inquired.

"Lincoln's room. We had Lana measure the room to see if a bunk bed could fit and it can." Lynn Sr. replied.

"Wait, so it's going to be a boy." Luna asked.

"Yes, we thought that since we're adopting we might as well give Lincoln someone to relate to." Rita elaborates.

"Yes yes yes! Thanks mom and dad!" Lincoln says.

"Eh I can get behind that." Lynn Jr. says

"When will he arrive." Luan questions.

"Tomorrow at 12. Me and your father went to foster care last week and selected someone." Rita says.

"How old is he?"
"How tall is he?"
"Does he have any hobbies?"

"13, about 5'9, and none we know of. Kids please save your questions for tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be happy to answer your questions." Rita says

"Everyone to my room. We have a lot to discuss." Lori commands

Without another word everyone made their way to Lori and Leni's to discuss the ground-breaking news.

"Guys! We never asked what his name is." Lana says.

"We shouldn't worry about that, name-ly, because mom and dad said we can asked tomorrow" Luan says while everyone groans.

"We should establish a few things first. Should we invite them to sibling meetings?" Lori asks.

"We should probably wait. We should see how he is and then decide." Lincoln says

"Good idea. Anything else?" Lori asks.

"Nope" said everyone.

"Well then. Can't wait for tomorrow." Lori says as she bangs her heel.

Lincoln POV
I couldn't believe it. I was in total shock by the news, that when I went to sit down on my bed; I hit my head on the bunk bed, that I didn't realize was there. I was up for 2 hours thinking about it until I fell asleep.

The End