Lovers and Quarrels

Marshall POV

It's been an interesting week at school. The Sadie Hawkins Dance has been announced, and now everyone is making ridiculous signs to ask their crushes out. I personally find it all corny. I'm not going to ask anyone out to the dance, but if someone were to ask me I might consider going, depends on how they look. Lynn was already going with some dude named Francisco. I'm surprised none of the girls have acknowledged the dance. It seems like something they'd be up my ass about, but I'm not complaining. I'm most likely just going to go with friends, and eat the food. Me and Andre were walking, and chatting about the dance that was tonight.

Andre: You got a date?

Marshall: Nope. You?

Andre: Hell yeah.

Marshall: That's surprising.

Andre: Hey at least I have one.

Marshall: And her name is?

Andre: Kim Taylor.

Marshall: The whore?

Andre: Yeah her.

Marshall: Dre, I'm not one to judge your reasoning, but why her?

Andre: Because I at least want a date, and hey, I might lose my v-card while I'm at it.

Marshall: I doubt she would even stoop that low.

Andre: You're talking shit, yet you don't have a date.

Marshall: Fair enough, but I find these dances corny, so I'm cool with sitting out.

Andre: That's sad, but this is my street so I gotta go. See ya tonight Marshall.

Marshall: See ya, Dre.

Franklin Avenue was only 3 blocks away so I was home in no time. I walk up the front steps, and I open the door to be greeted by all the girls standing in front of me, eyes bulging, and smiles ear-to-ear.

Lori: Sooooooooo, do you have a date to the dance?

Leni: Are they cute?

Everyone starts asking questions about a person that doesn't even exist. I found this amusing, but I should probably tell them before they lose their voices.

Marshall: Guys, I don't have a date.

Everyone: WHAT!

Marshall: Are you that surprised?

Lynn: Yeah. You're the tallest person in school, you're smart, you're fit, and you have a 'I don't care' personality. How could you not get a date?

Marshall: I don't know. I honestly don't even care. Dances are kinda cheesy.

Lincoln: Before this goes any further. Don't try to set him up with dates. We all know what happened when that happened to me.

Luan: What do you mean? Like any good joke, he needs a good set up. HAHAHAHAHA. Get it?

Marshall: Sadly, yes.

Lori: Whether you have a date or not you're going.

Marshall: What? Why?

Lori: Because this is your first dance, and also we bought you and Lynn outfits, and I don't feel like returning it.

I reluctantly obliged to their wishes of going to this dance. Lynn was in the bathroom with Lori and Luan primping while Leni and Luna were doing my hair.

Marshall: Ouch! Watch it with the brush.

Luna: Maybe if you combed your hair ever this wouldn't be a problem.