━━ makligr

𖣯 ✹ 🌷(makligr) ꏍ !┈─❟
╰───► becoming; deserving; ᛞᛖᛋᛖᚱᚡᛁᚾᚷ
❝ if i had to say goodbye to toothless, that would be pretty sad!

◞ ★ ꒱꒱◜

summary

    YRSA OLOFSDOTTER has spent most of her life stand-offish. People called her crazy for her father's beliefs. They called her crazy for her determination and ferocity. They called her many things, but the day she found Toothless with Hiccup? That changed everything. She had spared a dragon's life, and after that day, a lot of things that used to matter to her, didn't matter anymore. Instead of wanting to prove herself and fix the legacy of her father by killing a dragon, she wanted to protect it. She had helped save Toothless's life, and met the splendor of her own in her beloved Devilish Dervish, Helrose.

    Now, three years since, Berk was in peace. The war with the Berserkers were over, and there was little need for the Academy of Dragon Riders. Now, Yrsa was trying to grow up, trying to be different. She was trying to open up, and she was trying to be a better person. Where she used to turn her nose up in snobby disgust, she tried to widen her gaze. But even after three years, she shut herself out; she stuck to her own. She spent so long being alone, that it had become Yrsa's habit━a defence mechanism she couldn't get rid of, no matter how hard she tried.

    She had herself, she had Helrose, she had Hiccup and Toothless, she had her mother and she had Astrid━and that was it. Yrsa found herself absolutely terrified to open her little circle to any one else, despite everything they've been through and done for each other.

    But when Hiccup finds the Dragon Eye, a strange artefact that expands the world as they know it, it might just expand Yrsa into who she wants to be, as well.

◞ ★ ꒱꒱◜

character aesthetics

yrsa olofsdotter

╰───►hiccup has always known that yrsa was not kind━not really━, and she was far from easy, but there was something about her that told him: i'm in love with her

╰───►hiccup has always known that yrsa was not kindnot really━, and she was far from easy, but there was something about her that told him: i'm in love with her

hiccup horrendous haddock iii

╰───►yrsa no longer saw a boy that needed protecting, she didn't even see a boy begging to be something else━she saw a young man on the verge of becoming a hero

╰───►yrsa no longer saw a boy that needed protecting, she didn't even see a boy begging to be something elseshe saw a young man on the verge of becoming a hero

◞ ★ ꒱꒱◜

𖣯 ✹ 🌷(makligr) ꏍ !┈─❟╰───► becoming; deserving; ᛞᛖᛋᛖᚱᚡᛁᚾᚷ❝ copyright braekerofchains, 2021! ❞

╰───► becoming; deserving; ᛞᛖᛋᛖᚱᚡᛁᚾᚷ
❝ copyright braekerofchains, 2021!

◞ ★ ꒱꒱◜

disclaimers

i do not own httyd, as we all know.

i do however own yrsa and such so no stealing pls and thank

this is a companion book to yrsa's series úlfheðnar. you could read this after you've read the first part as an interlude, or you could read it once you finish that book, or read it along-side (as as of right now, úlfheðnar is still ongoing ahahah)

this really explores yrsa's character growth between httyd i and httyd ii really, as well as her and hiccup's relationship. it also lets us get even more content of her and helrose's friendship, as her's and toothless's. so yeah!

*sighs in having to write rtte like three times eventually but also excited because we all know i love it anyway*