v. thor bonecrusher!

𖣯 ✹ 🌷(makligr) ꏍ !┈─❟
╰───►chapter five; yrsa
❝ thor bonecrusher!

     "ALL RIGHT, gang!"

     The wind brushed through Yrsa's braids. Sticking to a simple 'V' formation, she and Helrose drifted in closer to Astrid, keeping her gaze set on the horizon. They were back in Berk for the week, gathering supplies to bring back to Dragon's Edge when they were set to return. Yrsa was beyond excited━not that she showed it to anyone, of course. 

     But━more importantly━at the moment, they were set out on a search for a wild and angry Scaudlron (and sadly, no, it was not Scauldy).

      "We'll buzz past the Scauldron and draw its attention," went on Hiccup, giving them brief glances over his shoulder, "so Yrs, Ruff and Tuff can net it from behind and drag it out to sea, got it?" Yrsa nodded.

     "I still think we should blast it!" said Tuff. Yrsa's gaze flickered up to the heavens, annoyed.

     "Stoick just wants us to move the Scauldron out of Berk's fishing lanes," she told him, "so don't get any crazy ideas."

      "Uh, sorry," Ruff leered Barf down close to her. She met her gaze, not amused. "Crazy is what we do, Yrsa. Duh!" She spun upside down on her head and her brother snickered.

      Fishlegs buzzed past them. "You guys do realise that a Scauldron's hot water blast can rip the scales right off a Screaming Death?"

     There was a roar down below. Out of the surface of the ocean, a teal-coloured Scauldron rose his head into the air. The flaps down his jaw flickered as he roared again, the blow-ou tof his mouth extending and falling back in━like a bellow in a forge.

      "There it is," said Hiccup. He set his jaw. "Let's focus, guys."

     Yrsa glanced at the Twins to see whether they were ready. They answered by throwing her the other end of the rope. She grasped it and attatched the end to Helrose's claws. Together, they dived down at a steady pace with Snotlout, Astrid and Fishlegs behind. 

     "As usual," muttered Fishlegs as he did, "nobody's listening to Fishlegs!" He sniffled.

     They followed in the dragon's blindspot. Yrsa took a deep breath. Hiccup narrowed his eyes, determined. She heard Fishlegs sniffle again over her shoulder. "One..." began Hiccup loudly. "Two ..." Fishlegs rubbed his eyes; his nose twitched. "Three!"

     "Achoo!"

     Fishlegs's sneeze sent him off course with a great big yelp that caught the Scauldron's attention. He spun around and hot steam puffed out of his nostrils. Yrsa winced. The pudgy Viking on his Gronckle continued to scream as he and his dragon went spinnting into Snotlout. He yelled as he was knocked from his saddle, falling right into the net.

     "HELP ME!" he cried.

     Yrsa gasped and yanked Helrose upwards. The others followed as the Scauldron grew angrier. Snotlout yelped as he was sprung up in the net. 

     "ABORT!" shouted Hiccup. "ABORTAH!"

     Fishlegs and Meatlug thundered into him.

     "Fishlegs!"

     They spun to the side. Yrsa's eyes widened as the Scauldron reared up his neck, glaring at Snotlout trapped in the net. She and the Twins all tried to pull him higher, but the Scauldron just followed.