vi. gone gustav gone

𖣯 ✹ 🌷(makligr) ꏍ !┈─❟
╰───►chapter six; yrsa
❝ gone gustav gone!

     YRSA TRIED not to let her eyes droop as she slumped against Toothless, watching Hiccup peer at the Dragon Eye. He's been at it for the past hour; switching and twisting lenses and pressing nobs. It was exciting at the start, to come over and see what they could come up with━what map's they'd find. But now, it was becoming repetitive. Even their dragons were over it; Toothless was trying to sleep. Helrose had been here, but then she got bored, and so she left with a quick glance at Yrsa. She let her, knowing the Dervish would have gone even without permission━she did what she wanted, as most Devilish Dervish's did. Yrsa suspected she was out chasing birds in the Edge forest right now. Or bathing in the sunlight by the lagoon.

      Yrsa could have left with her, but she stayed━she liked being in Hiccup's hut. It was simple and cozy. While the forge connected to its side was cluttered, inside Hiccup's quarters was neat and mild. His bed was above in the loft reachable by a ladder; his desk was littered with drawings and more pinned above to the left. Where he sat right now was by his chest underneath a wall full of Toothless's many tails on display. It was comfortable.

     All of their huts were different━a real reflection of themselves. Hiccup had given them free rein, and they all definitely used that to their advantage. It took a good month to build the Edge as it was at the moment━of course, there was still a lot to do. They had to set up their defences, build a few more gangplanks, ziplines and walkways. The stable storm doors were still in need to be painted and they were waiting for Johann to pass by to get the metal needed for the retractable roof of the dragon training arena. But it was starting to come to shape━and Yrsa was already attatched; she was very proud of it.

     And she was proud of her place, especially. Everyone sort of had their themes━Astrid's being small and functional and armed to the teeth with spires and bird skulls and weapons. The Twins had the largest; split into two with their boar pit, green double-headed Zippleback terrace and leather 'Balloons' as the Twins called them inflated with Zippleback gas to keep them hovering, attached with rope to their roof. Snotlout's━of course━had a great big, red, iron 'S' on top of his door. Yrsa hasn't been inside his hut yet, and she didn't want to━seeing all the 'S''s painted around it was enough to let her know everything she needed. Fishlegs's was calm and tranquil by the waters with a spacious yard with multiple gardens: herb, flowers, tree, mediation, rock ... and his hot tub, of course. Inside his hut was small, but the walls were covered completely with shelves for his wooden collectables and books with a corner just for Meatlug.

     But Yrsa's? Well, she wasn't exactly sure whether she had a theme. She just gathered as much as she could carry from her room at home in Berk and filled it up. She had all of her father's wooden toys he made her when she was younger, her first wooden axe and sword, this strange clay pot she found on Johann's boat three years ago ... She had a table Hiccup made her because she liked the way his own could turn and switch levels with a twist of the lever. On her walls she had plenty of Hiccup's drawings of her, Toothless, landscapes and Helrose, and some of her own she had tried to do and failed. Outside, she had her little garden of herbs and such━everything she grew for skin-care, hair-care, and food; since she was very picky. She had a little rock seating area where she could look out to the ocean with Helrose━perfect for her (or Toothless) to sunbathe or sleep. She had a stump for her axe throwing. She just ... well, she just had anything she wanted and needed for her. Operational, neccessary━her own place. Something she made, she built, and she could take pride in.

      She shifted against Toothless, letting her head fall and her legs curl up comfortably as she continued to watch Hiccup pull out another lens and blow on it gently to discard the dust. Toothless purred beside her, his chest slowly rising and falling. The heat of his scales was lulling her to sleep, definitely. But she forced her eyes to stay open as Hiccup glanced at her briefly, smiling to see her still with him. Her lips quirked into a little smile.