x. old friends

𖣯 ✹ 🌷(makligr) ꏍ !┈─❟
╰───►chapter ten; hiccup
❝ old friends!

     HICCUP WOKE up to a very strange sight.

     And he means very strange.

     Not only was it strange to see Yrsa around Snotlout willingly. But it was even stranger to see her walking around with a red fabric 'S' hanging around her neck, arms out and shouting with a very weird and strained voice: "RAWRRRR! SNOTLOUT! RAWRRRR━I love Snotlout!"

     She did not look very happy with this, however. 

     Hiccup arched a brow at them as they passed his hut very early in the morning, probably waking the rest of the riders while they were at it. Toothless had joined him, ears quivering as he matched his friend's incredulous look.

     "Yrsa?" Hiccup asked as they stopped. Snotlout grinned, pointing at Yrsa's state. It was then that Hiccup also noticed she wore a red tail, too that. "What ... what are you doing?"

      She flushed, glancing at Snotlout with a dark glare━like she was ready to murder him. "Uh━Snotlout━"

     "Ah━ah━" Snotlout held a finger up, and she stopped her sentence. Livid and fuming, she clenched her hands and grumbled something incoherent. Snotlout, very proud of himself, leant towards her with his hand to his ear. "What was that, Yrsa?"

      Very embarassed, she repeated her words louder this time. Reluctant, she said, "I ... I'm dressed in this costume to show my support as Snotlout's dragon wingman who's also secretly in love with his━" she gritted her teeth. Beside her, Snotlout mouthed her words━he had obviously rehearsed this with her, "━pleasant and amazing personality ..."

      Hiccup was very, very confused. He turned to Snotlout for an explanation and he grinned, "I won a bet over the Twins rock tower."

     Yrsa crossed her arms; steam might've burst out of her ears (and then she'd really be a dragon). 

     "And now," went on Snotlout, "Yrsa has to wear this for the rest of the day."

     "I just thought I was going to give you Mackerel."   

     Hiccup tried to keep in his laughter. Yrsa looked ridiculous, and it was even more hilarious to know how much she must hate standing there next to Snotlout and continuously saying she was showing 'her support as Snotlout's dragon wingman who's also secretly in love' with him. (Even though the fact she was a dragon was ... concerning). 

     But she could see right through him. "Shut up."

     "I didn't say anything," he chuckled.

     She glowered at him, "You didn't need to."

     And with that said, she relucantly turned and followed Snotlout along the wooden walk to their huts, continuing their humilation round. Hiccup grinned and called after her, "Hey! Guess what, Yrs━we're heading back to Berk today."

     Snotlout's face lit up, delighted as Yrsa gaped, horrified. "No!" she screamed. "NO!"

     "This is the best day ever," Snotlout wiped an imaginary tear from his cheek. Then, he took Yrsa's arm, dragging her along as she scowled back at Hiccup, mouthing: I'm going to kill you. She pointed at him to repeat: KILL YOU. "Come on, Yrsa, dear! Let's go!"